IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Connections
So where do you make the connection between Saudi terrorists acting out and Iraq ?????????
Two of the main complaints of the terrorists is that (a) there are American troops on Saudi soil; and (b) economic sanctions are imposing an undue hardship on Iraqi civilians.

The problem with the status quo is that it is unmaintainable. We may not be currently engaged in a war, but there are American and British pilots that patrol the region, risking their lives, every day of the year for the last eight years. This may not be a full-scale war, but from an Iraqi perspective, they are violations of their territorial integrity.

Now tell me how we get out of this mess? Should we stop patrolling the no-fly zones? Should we remove troops from Saudi soil? Should we lift the economic sanctions?

Being of pacificistic tendency, I'm all for avoiding a further escalation of the conflict. In fact, I'm all for removing our troops and lifting economic sanctions. And I'm all for removing the war premium ($6 a barrel) on oil.

Perhaps you mistake my reading on the situation with my personal preference? I don't think it too farfetched to assume that public opinion will be swayed in favor of intervention if more significant terrorist attacks occur. I also think that there is a strategy of deterrence being played out - and since deterrence is fairly ineffective when it's aimed at individuals, it's not unreasonable to assume that the strategy is aimed at rogue states - something along the lines of terrorist actions resulting in further meddling in MidEast affairs not less.
New Re: Connections

I take your point re intention.

On the below point ...

"Two of the main complaints of the terrorists is that (a) there are American troops on Saudi soil; and (b) economic sanctions are imposing an undue hardship on Iraqi civilians. "

I've not heard that one before ? - I though the two main complaints were ...

'Two of the main complaints of the terrorists is that (a) there are American troops on Saudi soil; and (b) Lack of resolution of the Palestinian question & the harsh treatment of Palestinians by Jews. '

I just don't recall hearing the terrorists specifically list Iraqi sanctions as the justification for 9/11.

Cheers

Doug

New Aye, you are right Doug. Thus spake Osama.
Alex

The Website you seek
Cannot be located, but
Countless more exist.
New on 911 the Pals were an afterthought
Osama, were not mentioning the perfidious jews in this communique,
yes achnod cant declare a major event without damming jews, get the egyptian to write something.
From most reports the problem was American infidels on holy soil. Prior to 911 the quedians never pressed for Palestinian relief.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/Resume.html|skill set]
[link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/index.html|boxley's home page]
qui mori didicit servire dedidicit
New Re: PAL Peoples always featured in OBL's activity

After fighting Ruskies OBL's funded group sought to send trained militants to all major & some minor theatres where muslims were fighting.

They were sent to Bosnia & were instrumental along with US special ops people, in training & fighting for the Bosnian army against the Serbs (and at times Croatians). [link|http://www.btinternet.com/~nlpwessex/Documents/hezbollahUS.htm|One example report]
They were sent to fight in Algeria.
They were sent to train locals in Somalia.
They were sent to Chenenya and to Georgia.
They were sent to Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan & Tajikistan. [link|http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/asicent.htm|Central Asia]
They were sent to Kashmir.
They were sent to Palestine.
They were sent to Kosovo then Macedonia.
A few were sent to Ambon (but much of that trouble was home grown).
Some were in the Philipines & Malaysia planning terrorist activities.

I tend to think the Palestinians were emotionally high on Al Queda list but in military terms agree they were just one of many focus points, perhaps not an afterthought.

Cheers

Doug

Saddam stepping up quest for nukes - (marlowe) - (16)
         Pay close attention. - (Brandioch)
         If and when they get close Israel will knock them flat - (boxley)
         Re: Stupidity by association - (dmarker2) - (13)
             Doubts - (deSitter) - (12)
                 Brits are for it? - (Silverlock) - (11)
                     Yep, mostly it is Tony "W's poodle" Blair for it. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         Sticky Wicket - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Re: Actually Tony Blair is Scottish - (dmarker2)
                     Public Opinion - (ChrisR) - (7)
                         MAD is still on. - (Ashton)
                         Re: Guilt by what association - (dmarker2) - (5)
                             Connections - (ChrisR) - (4)
                                 Re: Connections - (dmarker2) - (3)
                                     Aye, you are right Doug. Thus spake Osama. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                     on 911 the Pals were an afterthought - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Re: PAL Peoples always featured in OBL's activity - (dmarker2)

Can anyone say, "injection-molded plastic"? I thought you could.
132 ms