IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Population Control
Is fundamental. And apparently automatic as well. Population density in Asia will be reduced - one way or another.

Higher population densities require application of higher organizing principles, intelligence, and careful management. Not bloody likely.

I am out of the country for the duration of the Bush administration.
Please leave a message and I'll get back to you when democracy returns.
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:39:32 AM EDT
New Nice to know we're doing our part..
But we're cancelling out our pre-planning of their populations simultaneously - given the slashes to birth control by the current Holy Admin (a small part in our already miniscule %GDP of foreign aid, anyway) - so which is it gonna be?

Pop.control via exported toxics / pop. increase via withheld aid for clinics? Ya Can't Have Both!

Maybe it's too subtle for me to get - some o' that Hilbert spaciness perhaps?

Ashton
New But >we< are the evil polluters!
See...Kyoto was too strict and would be [link|http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1997/global.warming/disagreements/|economically ruinous] to China...and yet India, China and the Asian subcontinent are all far worse polluters than we in the US.

Yet we had to cut our emissions by 93% while China continues to get worse and most of the worst developing offenders were not even listed in the agreement.

Yet we (US) are the evil, nasty destroyers of the planet.

I get it now.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Uh... Let me get this straight...
Our staunch Virginian -- oops, I mean West Virginian -- BeePs:
Yet we had to cut our emissions by 93% while China continues to get worse and most of the worst developing offenders were not even listed in the agreement.
Les'see now...

You mean, "we" (=the USA, I assume) are cutting emissions by 93% -- in part by SENDING YOUR TOXIC COMPUTERS TO China to be "recycled"?

And China "continues to get worse" -- in part by "recycling" YOUR TOXIC COMPUTERS?

Yeah, poor poor you -- always the downtrodden ones; always sacrificing yourselves for others...

GMAB.
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
New Add: Mexico and other dumps, of course
Alas Mexico, the maquiladores ecology-Free zones - whose locked-in serf-labor replaces as much US labor as Corps can manage: is a bit close to home, given the weather and all. So there may be some US lip-service paid to "cleaning up this small oversight". But like the at-home Toxics SuperFund - any $$ spent for this unprofitable work initially --- shall fade away.. at the attention-span's allowed rate.

Sounds like a Capitalist Win to me:

A) Fight wars n'stuff so as to continue using up everyone Else's petroleum / save Ours - at prices and production rates we kinda subtly umm 'influence'.

B) Be generous though: export the worst garbage with the same alacrity.

Seems fair: import/export.

Ashton
What fools these mortals be!
Puck
New Makes sense
And China "continues to get worse" -- in part by "recycling" YOUR TOXIC COMPUTERS?
Well, they built most of the components, so we're really just sending them back. ;p
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New And again..
..we are the evil destroyers of the planet by pulling out of Kyoto...which addressed nothing about correcting the problems in areas where pollution is FAR worse.

Why can't everyone just face the fact that the Kyoto agreement was just >bad<...did little or nothing to address the true problem and get over it.

Instead..we continue to get [link|http://www.softwolves.pp.se/misc/gwb.en.shtml|this].
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Asian Brown Cloud Could Kill Millions - (altmann) - (18)
         Our obsolete computers, at work. - (Ashton) - (2)
             They're Europe's dump, too - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 Ya talkin' 'bout me, boah? - (CRConrad)
         Would you like to know why? - (orion)
         Population Control - (tuberculosis) - (6)
             Nice to know we're doing our part.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                 But >we< are the evil polluters! - (bepatient) - (4)
                     Uh... Let me get this straight... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         Add: Mexico and other dumps, of course - (Ashton)
                         Makes sense - (drewk)
                         And again.. - (bepatient)
         It was much more interesting when I first (mis)read it as... - (CRConrad) - (4)
             ROFLMAO -NT - (imric)
             Couldn't be! As far as I know... - (jb4)
             [cackle] ___Actually.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 OT Re: Silverlock rip-off: Nah, I heard it in the 60s. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: Asian Brown Cloud - it was more light tan (grin) - (dmarker2) - (1)
             Nah- think he's saving that for CA, If there's an election.. -NT - (Ashton)

Unintended consequences.
63 ms