where the new IT Department has taken on a "Fast Food" approach to development. Make it fast and sloppy, don't take the time to debug it or they will yell at you for taking too long. It happened to me at the law firm I worked at, I was doing a great job for over four years, and then all of a sudden I get hit with a bad review. They say I take too long to get things done, but ignored that the quality of my work was better than the others who took a shorter time to get things done. They don't want a real developer, they want a code monkey that can work extra hours and slam out code as fast as they possibly can.

My suggestions got ignored, I advised them to use better tech to get the job done quicker, it was denied. No OOP, no reusable modules, no extra training, etc. I had my hands tied a lot, and getting info from my coworkers was like pulling teeth. A lot of them either refused to give me the info I wanted, or just ignored me. This came in bad when I was given a password protected Word VBA document and the b*tch in WP refused to give me the password because she felt I was working her out of a job. When I finally got the password out of her, I was told that it took me too long to get the VBA project done, they ignored the fact that she wouldn't cooperate with me. Basically I was set up to fail.