IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I was reminded recently…
During the first quarter of my alleged career, before I stumbled into the “art director” gig, FCT&D’s “International Division” had me deep into the steel industry. I came to know a lot about the impedimenta of steel production and its international trade. I toured steel plants; I attended conferences and seminars. At one of these, in New Orleans, I chatted up a guy from Buffalo NY. I remembered that a colleague from another training session had since transferred there. I told him to convey my regards. This he did, adding to her, “The guy from San Francisco. A little light in the loafers, if you know what I mean.” This was received with considerable, albeit discreet, amusement, since on that previous occasion she and I had screwed one another senseless. Haven’t seen the no-longer young woman in years, but it came up in a recent email.

cordially,
New heh, similar stories here
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Sorry, not sure I quite got the point.
What does “a little light in the loafers, if you know what I mean” mean?

Was he accusing you of being a bit slow in the (upper[1]) head, or insufficiently equipped about halfway between that and the aforementioned loafers, or something else...?

___

[1]: Generally regarded as sub-optimal, in contrast to the lower one, where it's being too quick that's bad.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Re: Sorry, not sure I quite got the point.
The expression carries the implication that, being from the FCT&D San Francisco office and all, I ran with the sodomites. Like “gay as a tree full of chickadees,” it’s not an idiom much in use anymore, at least around here.

cordially,
New Ah, gotcha, thanks.
New Ignore; dup
Nope
Expand Edited by rcareaga June 20, 2024, 12:43:24 PM EDT
New also ignore
Shite.
Expand Edited by rcareaga June 20, 2024, 12:43:56 PM EDT
New This too
Goddamn browser lag.
Expand Edited by rcareaga June 20, 2024, 12:44:35 PM EDT
     I was reminded recently… - (rcareaga) - (7)
         heh, similar stories here -NT - (boxley)
         Sorry, not sure I quite got the point. - (CRConrad) - (5)
             Re: Sorry, not sure I quite got the point. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Ah, gotcha, thanks. -NT - (CRConrad)
             Ignore; dup - (rcareaga)
             also ignore - (rcareaga)
             This too - (rcareaga)

What a feat!
151 ms