IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pretty much out of left-field, but... TiddlyWiki?
At least last I used it (for a one-man documentation attemmpt), it was built entirely into the HTML file you're reading / editing: All the Wiki functionality was JavaScript, stored within the actual content page itself. Works great for single-person use, dunno about many. Guess it depends on the size of your team.

Also, not sure if it's changed: The current Web page talks about "TiddlyDesktop is an app for working with TiddlyWiki files..." and "Don't attempt to use the browser File/Save menu option to save changes (it doesn't work)" -- which AFAICR used to be exactly the way to do it. And I can't recall there being any app at all. So Idunno...

But if you want to spend some time looking into it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TiddlyWiki

https://tiddlywiki.com/
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Thanks for the pointer.
I looked at it a little, and thought about it a little.

I've come to realize that I'm too late in my career to be working on things like this. If the youngsters want this type of thing, they're going to have to take the lead on it. Nobody's been screaming about replacement functionality yet.

It took a few months, but the "export your wiki to OneNote" thing finally appeared for us. In the meantime I just copied and pasted the existing wiki stuff into a Word document.

My J is retiring at the end of the month. I'm going to stick it out for a while, we'll have to see how it goes...

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Thinking about DokuWiki... - (Another Scott) - (11)
         A couple of concerns - (scoenye) - (1)
             Thanks muchly. -NT - (Another Scott)
         onenote too expensive? last team I was on used it extensively -NT - (boxley) - (6)
             I think they want us to move to that. I know nothing about it - just thinking about options. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 onenote is text format - (boxley) - (3)
                     Re: onenote is text format - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Teams search is garbage -NT - (drook)
                     Tsk, tsk. You still trust shit like that to stay as-is? - (CRConrad)
                 z/OS is pretty stable ;-) -NT - (scoenye)
         Pretty much out of left-field, but... TiddlyWiki? - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Thanks for the pointer. - (Another Scott)

I'll let that picture pass...
57 ms