IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Not a bubble.
I have no doubt that it is useful in its current state for some/many things. And is improving all the time.

But we know what damage can be done by pretty language that gets the facts wrong...

Comment on DeLong's same thread:

Kaleberg 8 hr ago

Yes, the developers monitor articles, blogs and social media and insert ad hoc kludges to fix things. It usually takes about a week or two. That's how long it took for ChatGPT to get the sex of the first female president right after Rodney Brooks reported that it had problems doing so. I'm guessing that the developers simply tweak the "superego", the component that filters requests to and responses by the actual LLM rather than tweaking the training set or the LLM itself.

[...]

It must be an exciting time, to be making a living working on this stuff! Good luck!!

Cheers,
Scott.
New I don't see how that equates to a bubble.
It's exciting, often in the sense of "may you live in interesting times". But powerful stuff, yes.

Quick thing one of my devs wrote in a few minutes this morning: given a very small sample of text, what's the RFC4646 tag (language identifier, but he specified the RFC and the LLM took it from there), including script and region.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     DeLong still isn't sold on ChatGPT - (Another Scott) - (13)
         Does it matter? - (drook) - (12)
             Re: Does it matter? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 Not a bubble. - (malraux) - (4)
                     Inspired by the other Scott's typo of his name, or what? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         The one thing that GPT can be pretty bad at... - (malraux)
                     Re: Not a bubble. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I don't see how that equates to a bubble. - (malraux)
             Kind of does, IMO, if you think getting confirmation of David Graeber's thesis matters. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                 Matters *to whom* - (drook) - (2)
                     To me. Sure, I'd eat a burger fried by a robot. Won't make the bot a genius, only shows the job sux. -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Maybe the C-suits should get worried? - (scoenye)
                 it is there but the price is horrendous, that will come down in time - (boxley) - (1)
                     Price has fallen considerably since then. - (malraux)

It's a Berkeley DB file - neat! I love retro.
138 ms