IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Matters *to whom*
People who argue that AI isn't "real" or isn't "there yet" have for years pointed to chess, then Go, then whatever the next thing is that computers can't do. What they always ignore is that even the first iterations can beat most people. So they've been acting as though it's not "real AI" until it's better than the best human.

Now it seems we're finally starting to realize that most people couldn't meet the criteria that we've set for AI.

Is flipping burgers a "bullshit job"? They've got robots that can do it, but there are still people making a living at it. Lots of writing is the white collar version of flipping burgers.

I think Ken Jennings was prescient when they asked him how he felt about losing to Watson. "For the rematch, we should try dancing." I've seen lots of people suggesting that deep learning can only go so far with machines not having access to physical senses, but no examples yet of anyone trying it. When they do, then things might get interesting.
--

Drew
New To me. Sure, I'd eat a burger fried by a robot. Won't make the bot a genius, only shows the job sux.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Maybe the C-suits should get worried?
Given what has come out during the HP v Autonomy trial, the top job appears to be to delegate everything and take responsibility for nothing. Just feed the spreadsheets in the model instead and go with the results. Job done, no cash and/or stock options needed.
     DeLong still isn't sold on ChatGPT - (Another Scott) - (13)
         Does it matter? - (drook) - (12)
             Re: Does it matter? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 Not a bubble. - (malraux) - (4)
                     Inspired by the other Scott's typo of his name, or what? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         The one thing that GPT can be pretty bad at... - (malraux)
                     Re: Not a bubble. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I don't see how that equates to a bubble. - (malraux)
             Kind of does, IMO, if you think getting confirmation of David Graeber's thesis matters. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                 Matters *to whom* - (drook) - (2)
                     To me. Sure, I'd eat a burger fried by a robot. Won't make the bot a genius, only shows the job sux. -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Maybe the C-suits should get worried? - (scoenye)
                 it is there but the price is horrendous, that will come down in time - (boxley) - (1)
                     Price has fallen considerably since then. - (malraux)

Crazy moon-lovers!
80 ms