IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't understand why people go on boats...
...when there's perfectly good dry land nearby.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New Same
Every time I ask people what they love about cruises, they describe things that have nothing to do with the boat: the food, the pools, the activities. You can do all those at an all-inclusive resort in the tropics cheaper than a cruise.

The only ones that sound cool to me are the ones in the Mediterranean. Day 1 in Barcelona, Day 2 in Marseille, Day 3 in Monte Carlo, Day 4 in Rome ... Yeah, that I would do.
--

Drew
New Well, it’s a temporary home.
You don’t have to to pack and unpack. And, if what you want to see is at a port what you want to see is near by.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Just to clarify...
...this isn't about cruise ships in particular. I had a bucket of ice water dumped on me when I was 15 minutes old (nurse tripped carrying the half melted ice chips my mom had been eating) and haven't liked anything to do with water other than drinking it since.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New It's the best of the best shoved together
If you choose the right ship and company.

I don't plan on flying so at this point my only choices are coming out of Seattle or a long drive to California.

Pricewise it beats anything that I could compare against as far as some resort somewhere that I fly to. Which I won't do. Also, I don't really want to leave the country. I'm okay hitting international Waters. But I don't actually want to enter another country. A felony on my record makes it a bit difficult when making these decisions.

There are variety of restaurants that are top of the line. No waiting, just stumble out of my room or the pool deck and show up. By paying in advance, I ended up paying $15 per person a for meal that would easily have cost a hundred bucks per person in an equivalent land restaurant.

And there's no concept of choosing something and limiting yourself as far as something else is concerned. Order one of everything. Order five lobster tails. It's all the same price.

I don't get the drink package, I don't want an incentive to drink my money's worth. On the other hand, the drinks can be ridiculously cheap because as long as there's not a manager behind the bar a bartender will give you a double or triple shot mixed drink for 12 bucks. They know you're going to tip when that happens.

I don't get seasick and I love the rocking with the boat. The mattresses suck compared to my mattress but I still sleep very well due to the rocking. I have my own private balcony.

The entertainment is great (comic, ventriloquist, dancers, singers) and the seating is incredible. I had first or second row for every show I went to.

They swap out the entertainers every couple of days so you get new choices all the time.

You can be sure every staff member paid attention to me and was kind.

When I took the kids on them, the staff kept the kids away from me until 9:00 at night. A total day I could be sure the kids were mostly safe. The ain't traveling far. And they have someone watching them by while being fully entertained.

Yes they sink occasionally. And yes, there are fires and hurricanes at resorts. Horror stories everywhere. I never want to go to a resort in a poor country that is a resort destination at a limited location, but the surrounding areas are filled with people who would be happy to kill you. That's not happening on a boat.

And I never went to hand my life to a foreign customs agent again.
     Oh my God, first time I peed in days - (crazy) - (22)
         take a catheter with you next time :-) -NT - (boxley) - (3)
             You think that's a joke? - (crazy) - (1)
                 no joke, possible painful solution -NT - (boxley)
             And this was a combination of opioids and muscle relaxants - (crazy)
         COVID doesn't have to have a fever. - (malraux) - (5)
             Why? I'm home now. - (crazy) - (4)
                 Re: Still tough to pee. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                     Could be antihistamines, too. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Re: Our bodies change as they get older! - (a6l6e6x)
                         Which I am also on now but I had none during the trip - (crazy)
         Okay, think I figured it out - (crazy)
         So now let me tell you about the fire - (crazy) - (10)
             And on the heading of never again. - (crazy)
             well with a metal ship it could burn to the gunnels and as long as you stay away - (boxley) - (1)
                 I'd rather not test that theory -NT - (drook)
             Is this post about that fire? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Yep. I was on that boat. -NT - (crazy)
             I don't understand why people go on boats... - (InThane) - (4)
                 Same - (drook)
                 Well, it’s a temporary home. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Just to clarify... - (InThane)
                 It's the best of the best shoved together - (crazy)

Idiocy is relative.
97 ms