IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does your current provider supply such a box?
If so, and it works well enough, I'd be inclined to stay with it.

However, these things often have laughable wifi performance. If that's an issue, then go shopping. You'll probably need your provider's box to act as the cable receiver, but you should be able to put it into "modem-only mode", and then use your own wifi router.

World's your lobster at that point; I like The Wirecutter for initial recommendations.

ETA: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-wi-fi-router/
Collapse Edited by pwhysall April 7, 2022, 10:35:55 AM EDT
Does your current provider supply such a box?
If so, and it works well enough, I'd be inclined to stay with it.

However, these things often have laughable wifi performance. If that's an issue, then go shopping. You'll probably need your provider's box to act as the cable receiver, but you should be able to put it into "modem-only mode", and then use your own wifi router.

World's your lobster at that point; I like The Wirecutter for initial recommendations.
     Request: Reviews / advice on what "Residential gateway" to get? - (CRConrad) - (7)
         Name your WiFi "CIA Black Site" -NT - (drook)
         Does your current provider supply such a box? - (pwhysall)
         I just upgraded to an Arris Surfboard SBG8300 4gbs download speeds docsis 3.1 compatable - (boxley)
         My setup: - (malraux)
         I'd keep them separate. - (Another Scott)
         How well do you know your Cable Co? - (scoenye)
         Thanks guys! - (CRConrad)

> We didn't need to have you spouting Yoda quotes to know that you're sad... but thanks for the extra effort...
78 ms