IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: on a personal level
Our friend’s sons have each returned to Russia: the younger at the end of 2006 fled these shores because he’d got seriously crosswise with the law here; his elder brother the other year because he was unhappy in love and homesick. They are each in their thirties; I hope that they will not be swept up into the maelstrom.

cordially,
Expand Edited by rcareaga May 3, 2022, 01:11:20 PM EDT
New I expect them to regret their return to Russia.
The Guardian:

Growing numbers of Russians are leaving the country, fearful of possible martial law and the war’s consequences
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I was in email contact lately with one of them
I was worried that he might be conscripted (he’s in his late thirties). He reports that he has lately broken his leg. “Good move,” I replied.

cordially,
     on a personal level - (rcareaga) - (8)
         Used to work with a russian immigrant at an old job. - (InThane) - (2)
             I dunknow . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Interesting - (crazy)
         I have an Armenian friend . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         To quote your other thread, he sounds nice. - (CRConrad)
         Re: on a personal level - (rcareaga) - (2)
             I expect them to regret their return to Russia. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 I was in email contact lately with one of them - (rcareaga)

Many of the dead have finished being dead without the assistance of medical staff or fancy equipment. It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
40 ms