IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: on a personal level
Our friend’s sons have each returned to Russia: the younger at the end of 2006 fled these shores because he’d got seriously crosswise with the law here; his elder brother the other year because he was unhappy in love and homesick. They are each in their thirties; I hope that they will not be swept up into the maelstrom.

cordially,
Collapse Edited by rcareaga May 3, 2022, 01:11:20 PM EDT
Re: on a personal level
Our friend’s sons have each returned to Russia: the younger at the end of 2006 fled these shores because he’d got seriously crosswise with the law on these shores; his elder brother the other year because he was unhappy in love and homesick. They are each in their thirties; I hope that they will not be swept up into the maelstrom.

cordially,
New I expect them to regret their return to Russia.
The Guardian:

Growing numbers of Russians are leaving the country, fearful of possible martial law and the war’s consequences
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I was in email contact lately with one of them
I was worried that he might be conscripted (he’s in his late thirties). He reports that he has lately broken his leg. “Good move,” I replied.

cordially,
     on a personal level - (rcareaga) - (8)
         Used to work with a russian immigrant at an old job. - (InThane) - (2)
             I dunknow . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Interesting - (crazy)
         I have an Armenian friend . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         To quote your other thread, he sounds nice. - (CRConrad)
         Re: on a personal level - (rcareaga) - (2)
             I expect them to regret their return to Russia. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 I was in email contact lately with one of them - (rcareaga)

The OldManFu MoJo you got is impressive.
70 ms