IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You know that smart phones using Android are less safe than iPhones.
Not that Apple couldn't do better in their testing before releasing their iPhone code.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes I'm aware
I will trade levels of comfort for levels of safety with awareness.

I hate touching M's phone. I recoil in horror every time I have to try to do anything to help her. I hate the interface.

My first smartphone / PDA was a Treo. I've had multiple black berries. With and without the trackball and the keyboard and the scroll wheel. All the way up to the pretty fancy flat screen right before they tanked.

Simultaneously I had multiple iPhones. I was very comfortable with the midlife iPhone interface. Had them for years.

Then I started down the Android path. And as I said I watched them evolve and had my hands in the other guys simultaneously.

I know what I like and I'm sticking to it and I am not going to fall into an interface that makes me question every button I push. Every swipe I make. I recoil in horror.
     Samsung Galaxy a32 5G - (crazy) - (29)
         Jo has the "S" version of this phone - (pwhysall) - (11)
             I believe more expensive and not on the plan that I was allowed then it wouldn't have mattered - (crazy) - (10)
                 "on the plan that I was allowed" - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     Part of an accepted contract. - (crazy) - (8)
                         Yeah, but still: The fact that you have to accept such contracts. - (CRConrad) - (7)
                             That's b*******. - (crazy) - (6)
                                 Ah, good. That's just not the picture you get from the outside. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                     I buy my own device, then get service from somebody else. - (InThane) - (4)
                                         A guy who worked at one of the biggest phone and Internet providers in Finland (actually... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                             This would be a reasonable opinion a few years back. - (crazy) - (2)
                                                 Not quite there yet - (scoenye) - (1)
                                                     I stopped thinking about that years ago - (crazy)
         You know that smart phones using Android are less safe than iPhones. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Yes I'm aware - (crazy)
         "I'll trust the cell tower (not like I have a choice) but not the random Wi-Fi." - (CRConrad) - (1)
             I don't trust my own network - (crazy)
         And here's a good reason to avoid Samsung phones across the board - (crazy) - (12)
             Can't see anything particularly bad about that. - (CRConrad) - (11)
                 Ack. Spit. Need a shower. CRC is 100% right - (pwhysall) - (5)
                     The only mystery is why you don't realise that more often. As in, all the time. -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Unless you have more information than me, you are merely mistaken and he is not right - (crazy) - (3)
                         Can you not delete the game app? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             No game apps here - (crazy) - (1)
                                 Nerfing the desktop is stupid - (drook)
                 Questions - (drook) - (3)
                     Yup, seems I misread that last bit because I'd skimmed the rest a little too fast. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         I can easily tell the difference - (crazy)
                         18 seconds - (crazy)
                 And then I remembered what this spiel reminded me of - (crazy)

I've spent an unreasonable amount of thought on the line Janet sings in Rocky Horror: "His lust is so sincere". Now, on the surface, that's a big "DUH!" because that's the nature of lust. But wait: Brad has earlier sung about how hot he is for her, and it's pretty clear he's just being conventional. Brad's lust is not sincere.

Now, I could swill green mead and gnaw raw meat with sincere lust. As for kimchee and lutefisk, well, those would be just for effect. And if I'm just going for effect, I might as well wear a tie. And pants.

-- mhuber
72 ms