IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Moving is stressful. They'll adjust.
It will take some time.

Probably the main thing is to not reward the behavior you don't like. E.g. we knew a woman with a little dog that she would pick up anytime it started barking or acting stressed. Reinforced the behavior. :-(

Our first dog would whine pitifully when we first got her and tried to keep her in a crate. She wanted to be with us. She won, but that was fine. Your pooch probably wants to be with you. And that's good! If you let her in with you, maybe don't get excited about it - don't reward her with lots of pets and play and treats, but let her stay if she's good and quiet and calm. It may take a couple of years though - puppies are demanding!

Something like that.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New This is a huge baby
I understand this is a commitment. But I had a goal.

This dog should bind primarily with my wife. Except I am too nice and want to cuddle the dog all the time. So of course the dog follows me and is my shadow.

It's just like the cat. The cat loves me. My wife is now annoyed.

We'll figure it out. You travel. You have a motor home right? We got a hookup. Feel free to come along.
New Kangals will bond primarily with whomever is the main feeder
New Totally understand
She feeds him. She walks him. I would like unrestrained feeding until he pukes and realizes it's unnecessary but I understand also that he will associate the food with the person gives it to him. So she feeds him and she walks him. He will be hers.
New No motor home. :-) Thanks!
     I got a huge dog - (crazy) - (13)
         Oh the cat is angry. Or was. - (crazy) - (5)
             Moving is stressful. They'll adjust. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 This is a huge baby - (crazy) - (3)
                     Kangals will bond primarily with whomever is the main feeder -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Totally understand - (crazy)
                     No motor home. :-) Thanks! -NT - (Another Scott)
         You are going to walk miles and miles, whilst picking up gigantic turds - (pwhysall)
         Saw a 95 pound woman with 2 big mastiffs at the vet a while ago. - (Another Scott)
         Obligatory... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Never been a Pavarotti fan -NT - (drook)
         And I lasted 5 days - (crazy) - (2)
             :-) -NT - (boxley)
             Good choice - (pwhysall)

Priorities, people. Jeez.
63 ms