IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This is why I pay a man or woman who knows wtf they're doing to do the thing they know about
I have a condensing boiler (all super-efficient and shit) and it developed a mysterious leak. There is no way in hell I would have correctly diagnosed a failing condensate trap gasket. One new condensate trap assembly later (new design that averts recurrence of the gasket problem) for £46 and £100 in labour, and I'm back up and running.

I'd have burned hundreds of pounds in parts and tools, and then ended up calling the man/woman who knows wtf they're doing, anyway.
New I pondered about a tankless, after looking I did call a plumber because I wasnt doing that.
After some reading I decided benefit/cost wasn't there. Used to be paid eons ago to fix and install gas hot water heaters so was comfortable doing it myself. As far as the diags go, I will remember that a tank older than X is cheaper to replace than repair.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I've replaced one before
Everything I had to disconnect was threaded. Anything that requires cutting/soldering is an instant call-the-man moment.
--

Drew
     adventures in hot water heater land - (boxley) - (6)
         Have you considered the worst case. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             wondered about the gas supply - (boxley)
         This is why I pay a man or woman who knows wtf they're doing to do the thing they know about - (pwhysall) - (2)
             I pondered about a tankless, after looking I did call a plumber because I wasnt doing that. - (boxley)
             I've replaced one before - (drook)
         I hate plumbing. - (Another Scott)

What kind of monster says “take care”?
89 ms