IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've been introduced to a new term: cat paralysis
My wife was talking to her coworker, they're both nurses, and he describes a term: cat paralysis.

The reason it came up in our conversation was I was describing what happened the previous night. I was lying in bed, blankets covering me, and the Russian blue, was laying against my hip and my leg. I'm sorry I don't remember her name right now. I used to think there's no point in naming cats because they don't come when you call. But this one comes to me when I click. So I guess I should remember her name but I didn't name her and I haven't heard it in over a year.

My cat so it doesn't matter. She follows me.

Anyway, I digress. I wanted to move. But at that point I was willing to sacrifice my comfort to not disturb the cat. Cat paralysis.
New Pretty common in this household.
To the point where people are not allowed to host cats if it's within an hour of their turn to make dinner.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Paralysis may be one name
but it implies some random choice 'twixt comfort of a next kind and: Comfort now (?)
I mean, if one treasures the moments when say, followiing a path of sorts: staying-in, staying-with The Moment
--intentionally, instead of moving on to some chore..
then this becomes a sorta timeless event of, w.t.f. 'timeless just-Being? Hell it might even be a mantra.

TMI maybe--but that's my take on the phenom--these moments take one out-of the monkey-mind's insatiable
appetite for say, the Novel-next --> which is more automatic compulsion than any rare, conscious decision.
Works por moi. Endorphins again :-)

(One of my pair, Tux has his bouts of neediness); sometimes mid afternoon I'll comply--short naps are good
on their face, anyway. 10~20 minutes later He or I disengage; he's happy; I'm refreshed too. win/win.
We feed them /they try to give-back, I suppose..

PS: no cat needs any lectures from a homo-sap re: Remaining in-the-moment--I trust that every cat-staff-person
has noted, early-on.
Expand Edited by Ashton Dec. 5, 2020, 07:51:34 PM EST
New The term was popularised years ago in humour.
:-)

I have managed to teach my kitteh that if I need to move, she either moves or gets moved. And she knows both her names, too. And will sometimes come when called often enough to demonstrate that.

Cats can be trained.

Wade.
     I've been introduced to a new term: cat paralysis - (crazy) - (3)
         Pretty common in this household. - (malraux)
         Paralysis may be one name - (Ashton)
         The term was popularised years ago in humour. - (static)

The Birth of the Authority Figure.
70 ms