IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New While you are at it ...
the Declaration of Independence needs to be scrapped as well, as it states that all men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights
New I guess reading is a skill...
...that many of us, at least, are not endowed by our Creator with....

To Sen. Byrd and his Merry Band of Dumbshit Demagogues: The Pledge of Allegiance was not...repeat, NOT ruled unconstitutional by the 9th Court of Appeals. Requiring school students to recite said Pledge was ruled to be unconstitutional.

So, Senator Moron, the Court will not come to arrest you (although I sorely wish it could find something to arrest you for...if only there were such a thing a Criminal Stupidity, you'd be in line for a Class I felony charge)...at least, not yet.... Go ahead and recite it to your hear's content. Put it in big bold letters at the top of your semi-annual mailings that you waste taxpayer money on.

But to answer bluke, who seems equally as devoid of reading skills as is the Good Senator, The Declaration of Independence is safe...so long as you don't require schoolchildren to recite it every moring before they start the real work of Corporate Droid Indoctrination.
jb4
"I remember Harry S. Truman's sign on his desk. 'The buck stops here.' Strange how those words, while still true, mean something completely different today." -- Brandioch
New I just think that the pundits...
needed something to bash.

This is already pretty humorous -- considering that the JW's have already fought (and won) when schools required students to say the Pledge of Allegience (PoA) - something to do with religious freedom.

Now, apparently this case merely extends it (slightly) so that students can't be required to stand and listen to the PoA.

Federal judge: Pledge of Allegiance violates US Constitution - (bbronson) - (43)
         Yes, I recall when that phrase was added. - (Ashton) - (25)
             Dammit! - (Brandioch) - (24)
                 Well...we'll just have to.. - (bepatient) - (20)
                     Ah, once again, you missed the point. - (Brandioch) - (17)
                         Nope...you missed mine. - (bepatient) - (16)
                             Maybe I was reading that incorrectly. - (Brandioch) - (15)
                                 Wow.... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                     Let me simplify this for you. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                                         My my - (bepatient) - (12)
                                             I'll address this in two parts. - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                 *cackle* - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                     I'll use really small words for you. - (Brandioch)
                                                     Now, for everyone who doesn't understand what "strawman" is. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                         >2< Posts this time...way cool! - (bepatient)
                                                 More than retooling quarters - (rsf) - (5)
                                                     Ah... - (bepatient)
                                                     Depends upon the ruling. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                         Even better... - (bepatient)
                                                         Re: Depends upon the ruling. - (rsf) - (1)
                                                             But that's the issue. - (Brandioch)
                                                 More than retooling quarters - (rsf)
                     In Dog We Strut - (deSitter) - (1)
                         Heh... - (bepatient)
                 While you are at it ... - (bluke) - (2)
                     I guess reading is a skill... - (jb4) - (1)
                         I just think that the pundits... - (Simon_Jester)
         Senate immediately proves that dumb is cool. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             uhhh... - (jb4)
         Blatantly stolen from CNN - (Brandioch)
         Congress fulminates: stands outside and recites. - (Ashton) - (5)
             User Friendly. Get it fast. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                 I'll genuflect to that! -NT - (Ashton)
             Of course you meant "One Nation under Rah!". -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 I pledge allegiance - (Yendor) - (1)
                     Where do I sign up ;-) -NT - (bepatient)
         I love Bill Mahr's take last night - (drewk)
         Okay, this is a tangent, but I think it's applicable. - (Brandioch) - (3)
             But I thought you were an atheist? -NT - (imric) - (2)
                 I'm going for effect. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                     For Effect... - (Simon_Jester)
         On NPR now: discussion, debate, fulminations - (Ashton) - (2)
             Is that vaguely reminiscient of "separate but equal"? - (Brandioch) - (1)
                 "I plagiarize egregiousness to the flagging of the - (Ashton)

I asked one of the geostatisticians to look into it.
74 ms