IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have been updating my Diet pages . . .
and have rewritten my page on the "Heart-Healthy Diet", with better links to information. I found a good link to Mary Enig's article The Great Con-Ola.

I had wondered why every recent recipe I read calls for Canola Oil, a highly processed seed oil of questionable safety and health benefits. Ms. Enig's article explains why. The Canola Oil industry has paid off all the publishers. You literally cannot get your cookbook (or magazine article) published if you do not call for Canola Oil.

I do not use Canola Oil, I have never used Canola Oil, and I never will use Canola Oil.
New Link? Not surprising, but I'd like to see the references.
--

Drew
New The link is on my Heart-Healthy Diet page, but . . .
. . here it is.

The Great Con-Ola
New I'd forgotten what her style is like
Very information dense, but you have to already be really interested in the subject.
--

Drew
New I do not do canola. It fucks up my gut.
Unfortunately that means that I can't really eat any of the "kettle cooked" potato chips; they are invariably fried in the stuff. Actually that's how I figured out what was causing my internals to cramp up so badly; once I figured it was those potato chips that did it I started looking into what might be making that happen; turns out that a significant proportion of people have that reaction in greater or lesser degrees to that crap.

N.B. by significant I'm talking about somewhere between one in six and one in five. Just turns out that I'm on the outer edge of strength of it.
     I have been updating my Diet pages . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
         Link? Not surprising, but I'd like to see the references. -NT - (drook) - (2)
             The link is on my Heart-Healthy Diet page, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 I'd forgotten what her style is like - (drook)
         I do not do canola. It fucks up my gut. - (jake123)

It didn’t ruin my childhood, but it did aggressively strip-mine several shallow deposits of nostalgia.
41 ms