IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New In China, "people are accustomed to govt. snooping"
Resulting in THIS informative little photo-essay.

Now I know what you're thinking..
..during Drumpf's Third-term, following the up-dating of that tired old 'Constitution'-thing after the National Emergency was declared (and all those agitators were ...

Well, that's just one scenario. We could. look. at. ... an even uglier ... OK maybe not today.
Cel-fone + I-net + mondo face-recognition + Typical modrin/techno attenuated attention span?
Imagine what you can conjure with Just Those er, 'Input-constraints' and a giant team of a-moral gung-ho Gear heads working 3 shifts/day.

(Moi? I Don't Wanna run with that.. maybe later? should we get past the Young 'Un madness-baiting W.H. We Dare You -shit-flinging squad's Outcome.)

Carrion:
"say 'Cheese'"
(or anything else) and you're a Datum. Permission??? ..what an abject anachronism!

Oh and remember, Phone-fruit Users:
absolutely everything that happens whenever you evoke "Siri" DOES indeed get dumped into the gigundo Apple Corporate bit-vacuum-cleaner (which is said to Suck-mightily, to use the technical term.)

[Dunno about WSJ pay-wall; went with cloak&dagger, as befits the Very topic. I wot.]
New Did you catch that one number?
By 2020 they plan to install more new cameras than the total population of the US.

If you have Netflix and haven't watched Person of Interest yet, do it.
--

Drew
New Saw that number; yup they are hooked on "The Light of Other Days" scenario
(re. the Death of privacy) ... and China didn't even need a worm-hole McGuffin! (though that was about across-Time imaginations..)
At least the few folks quoted in above, seem to LIke the Security ... ka-boom .. tish.

How appropriate too, it's ~~ birthplace of that Curse, now a meme
May you live in Interesting times (well ... we Think it came from there.)

So glad I'm not possessed of that Eternal. Life.™ [..on *this* Planet !?] wet-dream :-)
But it's been sorta Fun, all-along imagining: that those ideas/Ideals we liked to think we Aimed-->for
--like Freedom, Civility, Truth, Honesty and other feel-good [Referents]
--could survive the pressures of exponential over-population.. as creeps up just like the boiling-the-frog? (wrong) koan.

Still, as [Dickens] Mr. Micawber [/Dickens] was wont to say, "Something will turn up.."
     In China, "people are accustomed to govt. snooping" - (Ashton) - (2)
         Did you catch that one number? - (drook) - (1)
             Saw that number; yup they are hooked on "The Light of Other Days" scenario - (Ashton)

Nannyish, perhaps.
39 ms