IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Here's the Wage You Need to Rent a 2-Bedroom Apartment Around the Country
"Don't move to California." er, [sic]

Esquire.

(Zillow also says: my former White Elephant in the academic ghetto (in Berkeley hills) is now pegged at 1.313 Mega-bucks.) ... .... ..... ........

[Judy Collins] I really don't know Clouds at all.. [/Collins]
New Ummm . . . that chart says . . .
. . 2 bedroom home, not apartment.
New The point remains, though.
In 1969 my father had been a teacher in the Long Beach Unified School district for 5 years. My mother worked week-ends as an R.N. I don't know what her salary was back then, but I recently found out that my dad's was $16,000. We lived in this house, which my father had purchased when we moved out there in 1964 for $13,500 (less than a year's salary of what he would make in five short years). Today, according to the BLS, he'd need to make upwards of $110,000 to have equal buying power. Ironic, given that the most he could make as a teacher in the same district today is just over $108,000 after 29 years and with 2 years of study beyond a Master's degree.

Over half a million for a 1200 sq ft house in a working class neighborhood is beyond insane.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New So apartments aren't homes? Weird usage.
Where do apartment dwellers go, then, after they've decided to call it a night and go home?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New In real estate terminology (around here) . . .
. . a home is a free standing house or duplex that you may own or rent. An apartment is a unit of a multi-unit building that you can only rent - unless you own the whole shebang. In between these are condos, which are multi-unit buildings, but sometimes loosely called "homes" because you own the unit you live in, but they are more properly called "condos".

I have condos West across the street, South and East. I am amused by all these guys out in the morning walking their wives miniature condo dogs. Yesterday there was a guy walking a fluffy white thing with a brilliant pink leash. Talk about emasculated!
New About leash color
Should leash colors match the gender of the dog or the owner? Why?
--

Drew
New Doesn't matter: Pink is pink, but Gryge is right: *Brilliant* pink really *is* emasculated/-ing.
New Depends how secure you are, innit?
     Here's the Wage You Need to Rent a 2-Bedroom Apartment Around the Country - (Ashton) - (7)
         Ummm . . . that chart says . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
             The point remains, though. - (mmoffitt)
             So apartments aren't homes? Weird usage. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 In real estate terminology (around here) . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     About leash color - (drook) - (2)
                         Doesn't matter: Pink is pink, but Gryge is right: *Brilliant* pink really *is* emasculated/-ing. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Depends how secure you are, innit? -NT - (pwhysall)

Sex.
44 ms