IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Went out and voted for the Dread Butch Hillary.
My poling place had a line at 9:45 am for the first time in living memory.

Not much chance for Republicans in the "down ballot", California now has "top two" voting, so most of the contests here were Democrat vs. Democrat. Only Orange County and the sparsely populated agricultural and desert regions vote Republican.

Orange County is barely Republican these days, as there are taco trucks on more and more corners, and the Vietnamese kids aren't voting their parent's way.
New Yes on 61?
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
New That was a tough one, with strongly conflicting economic analyses.
My sample ballot was changed several times, but, as chance would have it, it was marked NO when I voted.
New Ouch.
Total advertising spent by top donors FOR 61: $16,764,986.00
Total advertising spent by top donors AGAINST: $69,810,798.00

Who were those "Top Donors"?

Top Donors advertising FOR:

AIDS Healthcare Foundation $16,709,556.00
California Nurses Association PAC (CNA-PAC) $55,430.00

Top Donors advertising AGAINST:

Merck & Co. Inc. $9,420,395.00
Pfizer, Inc. $9,420,395.00
Johnson & Johnson $9,301,646.00
Amgen Inc. $7,670,768.00
AbbVie Inc. $6,859,873.00
Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC $6,720,945.00
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP $6,080,535.00
Allergan USA Inc. $5,079,332.00
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation $4,728,302.00
Glaxosmithkline $4,528,527.00

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_61,_Drug_Price_Standards_(2016)

I don't know about you, but I do know which "analysis" I'd believe.
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
New 45 minute wait here at 10am
By the time I left the line was 3-4 times longer and just out to the doors of the school. This is the far west end of a mostly Republican county, closer to a more liberal one, so I have no idea what the turnout portends.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Out in the boonies in Indiana was bigger line than 2008.
I decided to under vote for the first time in my life this year after work. But as I drove past my polling place on the way to work, I was astounded. The parking lot there had been expanded since 2008 and still they had people parking on the grass.

Normally, I'd say that's a good thing, but this is very much Trump country.
bcnu,
Mikem

Christopher Hitchens.
New they are reporting/predicting a 75% turnout, that is huge for a presidential election
So the people will have voted in record numbers, that is a good thing.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New I did the deed. Less than 15 minutes at 1:30 pm.
Voted against my Freedom Coalition congresscritter. But, I'll probably have to go down the list to the uncontested candidates before they match the local majority vote.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I got in line at 6:27 am.
That put me at the 12th person in line. There are about 500 people, total, voting here and only 3 machines. I wonder about places with thousands voting and one machine. Oh well, it's over. I voted for the harridan fronting for the neo-liberal capitalist party. I really dislike voting for somebody that untrustworthy, but the orange vulgarian fronting for the theocratic fascists is an existential threat to the world. When my social security and medicare go away in a grand deal because "we just didn't have the votes, so we had to go with Big Money" I am sure certain regulars will immediately pipe up with "But YOU voted for her...". Having been through this with her husband and NAFTA it will not be something new for me.
it's over. yay...
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Yay! :-)
She'll be infuriating at times, but I think she'll also make us proud at times.

Hang in there.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who voted for Nader in 2000, and knows better than to say "It's your own fault!" ;-)
New In and out in 3 minutes
And it only took that long because I had to color in the circles.
--

Drew
     Went out and voted for the Dread Butch Hillary. - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
         Yes on 61? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             That was a tough one, with strongly conflicting economic analyses. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Ouch. - (mmoffitt)
         45 minute wait here at 10am - (malraux) - (2)
             Out in the boonies in Indiana was bigger line than 2008. - (mmoffitt)
             they are reporting/predicting a 75% turnout, that is huge for a presidential election - (boxley)
         I did the deed. Less than 15 minutes at 1:30 pm. - (a6l6e6x)
         I got in line at 6:27 am. - (hnick) - (1)
             Yay! :-) - (Another Scott)
         In and out in 3 minutes - (drook)

It's what's for breakfast!
55 ms