IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I believe you have identified the problem
The democratic party is not running a Democrat. The candidate that was selected before consulting the people is a neo-liberal authoritarian hawk who, being Wall Street's darling, hoovered up over a million bucks without any product except influence peddling. She's a mainstream Republican. She is currently co-opting as much of Bernie's platform as she can without puking on stage, but given her history of triangulation, those points have the lifespan of a mayfly.
Of course, you could claim that she really is the voice of the Democratic party now. The conclusion to that is "game over".
I am unconvinced at this time that there is really a game on now; just a kabuki to keep the rabble from rioting. When nobody will look up from their cellphones to riot the kabuki will go away.
Your mileage obviously differs...
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New The Democrats may not be running what we used to call a Democrat
But the Republicans sure as hell aren't running what we used to call a Republican either: either a racist nationalist authoritarian (ie. "fascist") or a sociopathic theocrat. I'll take my chances with Republican Lite, thanks, if it comes to that.

So, what will all the anyone-but-Hillary crowd do if it's VP Sanders or Warren?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New hey, at least she stays bought look at her sec state record for influence peddling
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
     the Garland nomination - (rcareaga) - (49)
         Now there's a thought - (drook)
         With a Repo Senate this is as good as it gets. - (a6l6e6x)
         a very reasonable choice for the position. -NT - (boxley)
         Not to confound your expectations, but - (hnick) - (42)
             sorry 'bout the dearth of rainbows & unicorns, keed -NT - (rcareaga) - (41)
                 We're all fascists here. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (40)
                     IIRC, you're the only one talking about voting for Trump... ;-p -NT - (Another Scott) - (39)
                         And you guys are voting for the other one. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (38)
                             Yep, it's gaming theory's alpha beta pruning. - (a6l6e6x) - (37)
                                 Which one would that be? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                                     Trump will do more damage unless you're a Nazi. :) - (a6l6e6x) - (35)
                                         as they pull out musings from their ass - (boxley)
                                         Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (33)
                                             Nope. - (Another Scott) - (31)
                                                 I believe you have identified the problem - (hnick) - (2)
                                                     The Democrats may not be running what we used to call a Democrat - (malraux)
                                                     hey, at least she stays bought look at her sec state record for influence peddling -NT - (boxley)
                                                 I'm a Republican? - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                                                     Re: I'm a Republican? - (malraux) - (5)
                                                         Moving to the Right a little is as bad as moving to the Right a lot. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                             Germany 1930s would seem to be a counter example. -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                                                                 How'd that work out for Germany in the 40's? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                     Uh, yeah, that's my point... -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                         Same road, same destination, different pace. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                     Is Trump running for the Republican nomination? Is Hillary? ;-p - (Another Scott) - (20)
                                                         ... - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                                                             No offense, but your white male privilege is showing. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                 Re: The system can be fixed by keeping the White House, flipping 6-12 seats ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                     Yes, I am deadly serious. - (Another Scott)
                                                             Yours is an unanswerable argument - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 Hillary's not a Republican? I thought her husband said so. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                             BS - (malraux) - (13)
                                                                 why not? Her husband certainly did. He ran and won on the "contract for america" -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                     Eh? CfA was 1994. You know, the election where the House flipped to punish Bill? -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                         Re: Eh? CfA was 1994. - (rcareaga)
                                                                         he ended welfare as we know it passed harsh sentences on criminals took credit for it plus others - (boxley)
                                                                 Not all, but many. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                     Let's play counter-factuals. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                                         The Dumacratic Party, you mean. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                             If they can't win the nomination, they can't be elected. That's the way it's always been. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                 FiFY. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                         katrina would have hit mexico instead and the arabs would have missed the towers cause gore? hardly -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                             Katrina was much, much more than a hurricane. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                 bernie I hope -NT - (boxley)
                                                                             the arabs would have missed the towers cause gore? har - (rcareaga)
                                             All politicians are liars. - (a6l6e6x)
         Hatch was on Morning Edition. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Of course he knew it. These interviews are particularly infuriating. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Half lying - (drook)

And now you see that Evil will always win, because Good is stupid.
65 ms