IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You have to admit John Stuart Mill lays it out clearly.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I don't have to admit ANYTHING! Oops, sorry.
--

Drew
     Two days in a row - (malraux) - (80)
         One can only hope. -NT - (mvitale)
         Whatever your position, ... - (mmoffitt) - (33)
             And there's nothing in that quote that requires the union to involve specific genders -NT - (drook)
             Hmm. - (malraux) - (1)
                 Cosign. Also, a bit of levity. - (Another Scott)
             To all above. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 the Farce is strong in this one - (rcareaga)
                 Meh. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     I think you just made my point. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         You (and Roberts) don't acknowledge the "right to marry" for those who 'don't fit'. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Re: Marriage is a fundamental right that two adults can share. - (mmoffitt)
                         Finally figured out how to put this - (drook) - (1)
                             Good! I wonder if Alito got an answer like that (but am too disinterested now to check. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Sullivan returned to blogging, for today. - (Another Scott)
             Richard Posner's take - (Another Scott) - (20)
                 You have to admit John Stuart Mill lays it out clearly. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     I don't have to admit ANYTHING! Oops, sorry. -NT - (drook)
                 Re: No more than biracial marriage does gay marriage harm people who don’t have or want to have such - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                     You just don't get this, do you. - (malraux) - (16)
                         You're right. I won't ever "get" this. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             Marriage is not. About. Children. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Re: Marriage is not. About. Children. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Not even wrong. -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Red herring. - (malraux)
                         Any tax benefit anyone else gets harms him financially. - (crazy) - (10)
                             s/him/State -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Which makes no difference in the meaning of the post - (crazy)
                             No, he still could be. - (malraux) - (7)
                                 Of course the tax should apply equally. It did. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                     Nope - (drook) - (4)
                                         But you got that because of an expectation that you'd reproduce. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                             An expectation by whom? Legal cites, please. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             You didn't make a claim about retroactive meaning - (drook) - (1)
                                                 I was trying to answer a question posed to me. - (mmoffitt)
                                     Re: Of course the tax should apply equally. It did. - (malraux)
         this morning's decision - (rcareaga) - (40)
             Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             I think Roberts fairly refuted the fallacy of comparing this with Loving. - (mmoffitt) - (37)
                 step into my parlor - (rcareaga) - (28)
                     BIO 101. You take it? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                         Re: BIO 101. You take it? - (rcareaga) - (26)
                             Nope. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                 That's a rather obsolete argument. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                     I'm not blind to the overpopulation problem. But you assume facts not in evidence. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                         BTW, don't you think that Virginia... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                             Yes. See. Marriage really was all about procreation! -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                         When a child is taken out of state care . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 You keep making these pronouncements in these threads... - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                     Re: The State has much more interest in marriage than procreation. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         We've been arguing about the history for at least 11 years... - (Another Scott)
                                         Re: The State has much more interest in marriage than procreation. - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                             It was in Rome. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 Eh? - (Another Scott)
                                 What what what!? - (crazy) - (1)
                                     "Confederate communist viewpoint is amazing" - (rcareaga)
                                 Umm... - (hnick) - (11)
                                     Would you leave your wife if you didn't have a marriage license? - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                         easy-peasy - (rcareaga) - (9)
                                             Ah, then we're talking of the selfish interests of the couple. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                 Re: Ah, then we're talking of the selfish interests of the couple. - (hnick) - (3)
                                                     The State also has an interest in seeing that it survives. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                         The State has interests . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                             :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                             My last comment in this thread - (hnick) - (3)
                                                 Man, I gotta keep that link ... Oh lord, time sink from hell! - (drook) - (1)
                                                     Things like that were on Pharyngula when PZ was debating. He eventually quit debating. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 Holy Cthulhu! ... why this thesis might be appended to Gödel's - (Ashton)
                 The Majority opinion, again. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     I cannot "Move On"... - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         Your so-called contribution - (rcareaga) - (5)
                             Re: ...did not require a marriage license. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 I have a relative, shortly to be married - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                     Regional. That's funny. I was raised in Long Beach, California (ages 4 - 18 ). - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         Nor indeed, then, is it any of your business - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                             In the final analysis. You're right. It isn't. But it is stupid. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             hey, christians beleive you can bang one of your slaves to whelp a get - (boxley)
         okay now I am totally confused - (boxley) - (3)
             confused is your default state -NT - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 rather be an asshole than a self righteous asshole Dr. Villega -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Thou sayest. -NT - (rcareaga)

It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
89 ms