per this Nation article too: The New Thought Police.

Re Israel, the sophistry of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign emerges:
In her letter, the chancellor drew attention to civility, emphasizing it as a requirement for the exercise of academic freedom: “What we cannot and will not tolerate at the University of Illinois are personal and disrespectful words or actions that demean and abuse either viewpoints themselves or those who express them.” In Wise’s thinking, “viewpoints” have protected status. If that’s the case, will anyone who demeans Nazism, terrorism, racism, sexism, homophobia, or creationism be subject to punishment on her campus? Or are certain selective instances of “disrespect”—in this case, for the current Israeli government—the real issue here?
I quite recall the assassination of Anna Politkovskaya, but who can pay sufficient attention--across all of academe?--to discern if this Chancellor's simplistic doggerel has invaded well beyond Illinois, to become the new Norm.

Similarly, I can only suppose that 98.99% of various 'State' s propaganda re all matters Ukraine (given the massively-complex dueling Orgs. of all stripes there) ... are as simplistic as the products of our New/fatuous educators: are these pandering to an already language-demented demographic?/or creating. molding new, worse ones.

'Things fall appart..' (It's not just the Center 'which cannot hold'), in an era of batty-USSC poltroons and maybe widespread DNA damage (?) across the entire dis-US. It feels a lot like the dis-US I smelled as I began to grok the extent of the drain-bamage wrought by Tailgunner Joe, HUAC (and my Gramma.)

Now the same sort of stupid shit seems to be breaking out As. If. nobody alive even ever heard of McCarthy and the loyalty oaths and ... and ...

:oTpy