IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Although you already knew it...
A certain company that one of us works for is currently totally overrun by the Code Red worm. I had to wipe a machine today in order to get rid of it, and it's not just me that's getting hit. Sounds like nearly everybody there is. BTW, WinXP is not vulnerable to this, at least according to the internal news.
New Perfect upgrade path!
WinXP not vulnerable? You should upgrade your OS (which, of course, you all should do anyway so as to send more money to the Great Monopoly In The Sky) to get rid of this security hole.

Oh, wait. Going to WinXP isn't an "upgrade."

You should upgrade your OS to something not produced by the Great Monopoly In The Sky for better security...

Admins: Move to Oh Pun? ;-)
-YendorMike

In order to understand recursion, one must understand recursion.
New gotta question
If it only affect those boxen running IIS services that "should" be a limited supply right?
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New The "limited supply..."
...is any Win2k server, and some Win2k workstations running IIS. At least, those that haven't been patched.

There's a lot of testing going on here, and we aren't license limited. Remember, we do a lot of reinstalls as well, so we get a lot of "new" machines popping up on the network.

Oh, and there is a fix - but you basically have to set up the entire machine and install the patch without being on the network. There are so many infected machines right now that there's roughly a 5 second delta between bringing up a machine and getting infected.
New How poetic can justice get?_______________:-\ufffd
New I'm laughing pretty hard myself.
At least, when nobody's lookin'.
     Although you already knew it... - (inthane-chan) - (5)
         Perfect upgrade path! - (Yendor)
         gotta question - (boxley) - (3)
             The "limited supply..." - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                 How poetic can justice get?_______________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                     I'm laughing pretty hard myself. - (inthane-chan)

You know nothing of this if they ask you...
62 ms