IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You were on c.o.o.a? What was your handle?
I was in there all the time.
New It was my name.
I had to mostly give it up after some guy at Microsoft sending me an e-mail with an implicit threat about not liking where I was posting from... :-/

The troll threads with Dave Tholen were fun at times. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oh my god, Tholen
Yeah, epicness abounded.

I miss usenet; I still think it would be a great collaboration tool for the enterprise.
New I miss it as well.
Maybe AI will get good enough soon enough that we can get the benefits of Usenet without the spam and trolling without the necessity of human moderators.

Web based discussion is so brain-dead and aggravating compared to Usenet. You end up with something locked down like WordPress (Nope, you can't say anything related to gambling or boner pills; nope you can't edit your comments after 5 minutes; nope the discussion thread won't last more than a couple of hours; no pictures; nope, nope, nope...) or Disqus (which has its own issues). Threading? Are you kidding? If the bloghost doesn't like threading, you're stuck. And if you don't want to be chained to real-time discussion all the time, you're not wanted. Progress!!1 :-/

We're slowly rolling out an organization-wide web-based collaboration and discussion site at work. It works pretty well - the little I've played with it, but even things like allowing HTML in posts is the subject of long discussion, and then there's the issue of which editor to permit/support... Welcome to the 1990s. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     Rainbow cake - (malraux) - (16)
         til it's frozen - (crazy)
         IRLRPD - (drook) - (1)
             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         "Incredible"??? - (CRConrad) - (12)
             The more snark I hear about Usenet, the happier I be to have missed it, but.. - (Ashton) - (11)
                 Yes! You missed the foundation of internet culture! - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     It's just a delivery mechanism for stolen content nowadays - (pwhysall)
                     Yes, the GIFT - (drook)
                     Ah.. have missed something like a dose of the clap. ('I can live with that shame.') -NT - (Ashton)
                 Sure, the birth of non-netiquette... But also the birth of netiquette itself. - (CRConrad)
                 I enjoyed it a great deal. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Thanks; best summary. Indeed I did miss out. - (Ashton)
                     You were on c.o.o.a? What was your handle? - (jake123) - (3)
                         It was my name. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Oh my god, Tholen - (jake123) - (1)
                                 I miss it as well. - (Another Scott)

Your Bork God[tm] was HERE!
87 ms