IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's been discussed in a thread at B-J.
(I don't plan watch the video, myself.)

cmm is a cop:

3) Yes, the tactics of pulling straight up to the kid, who you have been told is armed, are totally stupid and crazy. The kid wasn’t running amuck or threatening to shoot anyone. There didn’t seem to be anyone else around. You could make a slow approach and talk to him and see what’s going on.

Things need to change. I'm hopeful that these shootings over the past few years will finally start to make that change happen.

:-(

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yeah, the approach was stupid
The video did show him waving it around and pointing it at people, so I understand the sense of urgency. Of course that should mean being even more careful about proper approach vs. fast approach.

What I really didn't like was the spokesman saying that, "Even if someone reports a 'toy gun' we have to treat every gun as though it's real. As soon as you relax and start thinking it's not real, that's when your officers end up hurt."

You know, keeping officers safe is not supposed to be the top priority, right? Keeping the citizens safe is. So how about focusing on tactics that make that more likely?
--

Drew
New Yup. As ellennellee said...
Here:

76. ellennellee says:
November 26, 2014 at 11:17 pm
sorry to ramble on here, but this has all been swimming in my head for the past few weeks – well, really since trayvon, and beyond, but ….

the thing that’s been nagging me, and i have not been able to put my finger on it till now (so grateful for your tolerance of this mind farting, but …

this behavior, this police behavior, the attitude, the intolerance of attitude, the out of orbit reactionary responses to whatever, mostly being black, but remember the occupy woman who did not acquiesce fast enough, or the numbers of disabled and elderly and so on, the homeless – all the marginalized in society, which is rapidly coming to include most of us….

what i’m recognizing here is the bullying nature of these characters, these pretenders to ‘peace’ officers. and as such sanctioned bullies, they most resemble prison guards.

that’s it; prison guards. straight out of central casting, from every prison film you’ve ever seen, from birdman to shawshank.

our police force has brome our prison guards.

yup; the police state is about complete.

appreciate y’all’s patience.

This attitude from too many police has gone on far too long. RC's talked about it. A colleague from work talked about it in his history in CA as well. It's nearly everywhere now.

Too many cops are too afraid and simultaneously too intolerant and belligerent toward the people they're supposed to be "serve and protect"-ing. Kids and oldsters and 90 pound women are believed by them to suddenly turn into drug-crazed, physics-defying, terroristic monsters unless they're killed. It's disgusting and extremely dangerous to our future.

:-(

(sigh)

Have a good Thanksgiving, everyone.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Remember litmus paper in Chem-101? Got a solution, I think:
It changes color, a little or a lot in solution, but basically it's kinda digital: acid or base?
Cops have become as mindless/primitive as that: Obey Me in every detail OR die (not get shot in leg or arm or similar protective-Shock--empty the fucking magazine,
whether or NOT a child, a crip, mentally-confused, hard-of-HEARING.. or even just a little.. s l o w. [several have gone the last two ways.]

In many ways Murican cops exceed the daily malevolence of 'police' in Germany '30s (unless you had that yellow star sewed on. Prison camp treatment then.( We are sooo There.

I believe.. that a National Movement might--just now--have legs::
Let's everyone have a stick-on Yellow Star™ regularly to-hand; easily stuck-on over left breast as a uniformed-one even/ever approaches.

Easy to make, do; symbolic AS ALL HELL: which is precisely the Environmental Pest LIfe-form these primitive bully boys n gals have morphed into. When the #wearers becomes so large as to clearly represent a big slice of typically effete-Muricans ... ....

Rest case. Except: guess what happens when the first one is shot BULLS-EYE! right through the Star
(Remember 'Bulls' as cop 'nicks? Old that, but everything vicious is New again.)

© 2014 by A. B. and Associates; wholly-owned subsidiary. Patent-sample right *chere*.
Who wants to help market the first few million of these? Modest mark-up will do; cheezy-grade for the cheapo-masses; embroidered edges for the L33Ts (with chic-grooming addictions.)

Rub it In: let the Chinese help repair/profit by our Dachau-patterned kleptocracy, eh? Or maybe Bangladesh..
New Re: Remember litmus paper in Chem-101? Got a solution, I think:
>>> "--empty the fucking magazine, "

You're not kidding. Here's the Supreme Court's take: (page 2)

[...]

"It makes sense that, if officers are justified in firing at a suspect in order to end a severe threat to public safety, they need not stop shooting until the
threat has ended.

[...]

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/12-1117_1bn5.pdf

Remember, they need not stop shooting.
New This has implications on a larger Scale:
we need not ever stop bombing places willy-nilly until Murican pols think OUR population 'feels' safe enough. There's nothing in that re THEIR civilians.

And so it ----- Goes.
Seen ..a rocket's red glare? You're fine. Until it hits.

Best age to be, right now? pretty-damn Old. Old enough not to wake-up one AM just after a few EMP high altitude nukes have neutralized a nonillion transistors, all reset to NPN/PNP==both-at-once.
As in Knock on Any Door ... live fast, die young (-enough) and have a good looking corpse. But who'd a thunk we'd arrive there via a bunch of old [and a Old-young Chief)] crocks, mainly sitting alone in their chambers?
(recently heard a USSC biographer mention that factoid: nobody ever calls. I mean.. I guess it's scary to think that *you* have a query which demands some confab with ... etc.)

(I shall continue seeking-out the cosmic humour in, We who are about to die Salute thee, Cæsar!)
:-)
     ok weighing in on ferguson michael brown shooting - (boxley) - (9)
         Yup. - (Another Scott)
         Parents are on Charlie Rose today/night. - (Ashton)
         They talking about Tamir Rice outside of Cleveland? - (drook) - (6)
             It's been discussed in a thread at B-J. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 Yeah, the approach was stupid - (drook) - (4)
                     Yup. As ellennellee said... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Remember litmus paper in Chem-101? Got a solution, I think: - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Re: Remember litmus paper in Chem-101? Got a solution, I think: - (dmcarls) - (1)
                                 This has implications on a larger Scale: - (Ashton)

Like, HEL-LOO... Anyone at home behind that beard???
45 ms