IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Too small.
New Which? surely not the second entry ;^>
I LIke 'small' ... for small jobs. Only handicap is in those unscheduled sheet-metal -vs- plastic kinetic arguments, but that's true for all bikes anyway.

Less mass, less gas goes the basic arithmetic to haul around a hundred-kilo wetware package from A to B.
How many jillion times a year do millions fire-up the behemoth in the driveway for a 7/11 run, the post office, etc.?
(With concomitant wear on the parts as barely near operating temp. for the whole run.) More $$$ wasted.
Rest case.

(I once thought almost-seriously about the Benson Gyro-copter: nothing more nor less than an aerial motorcycle.)
Alas its all-too-evident easy-lethality trumped it all: then and with that techno.
(IIRC too: it could emulate the helicopter parabolic Dead-man's curve: [simplified]
a parabola rotated 90°, showing the dangerous altitude from 0 to V forward velocity: wherein the down-moving air below kills the lift.)

I'd think that with todays's techno and materials, such a minimalist craft could be generated, with little more risk-taking than riding on any two-wheeler: IF one eschews use in any weather oddities of any sort. The sucker could even incorporate a version of that parachute for small planes--as is, in fact now in use by the affluent--along with the self-powereed auto-horizon indicator, completely isolated from all in-crafte e- failures!)

(Of course, I couldn't afford the gussied-up already-built '14 version I see to be quite possible to make, now.)
But piloting the original across SF Bay ... to land at The Lab™ (also a merely.. verboten action) in inclement weather? would have been a palpable death-wish. {{sigh}}
New The 2nd one.
This is almost big enough.

;-)

Neat graph. Scary technology, gyrocopters. :-(

Cheers,
Scott.
New {{chortle}} Humvee..? Read it and Weep.
     ooh, I want stallion trike - (boxley) - (11)
         That thing's ugly as sin -NT - (drook)
         Superficially, it seems well made. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Radio controls are on the steering wheel (I think) - (drook) - (1)
                 Ok. I missed that. Makes sense. (Agreed on your conclusion.) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Hmmm.. perhaps you missed this one, as seems more like the - (Ashton) - (4)
             Too small. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Which? surely not the second entry ;^> - (Ashton) - (2)
                     The 2nd one. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         {{chortle}} Humvee..? Read it and Weep. -NT - (Ashton)
         Oh, I see: *Arlington*, Texas -- not *Arlen*, where Hank H sells propane... - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Back again! All right!! -NT - (hnick)

And to the tune of a billion dollars I supplied to the DOE some tasty little nuggets of alien technology... and as one might expect I've been HARASSED for YEARS!
61 ms