IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks for the links! Led me to Orwell Today...
And speaking of big brother:

He's listening!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDBQc-VxLAk
New And that's on YouTube, owned by Google!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
New "VERRY Interesting. But.. shtupid^h^h" [©Laugh-in -50 years] s/stupid/Corporate-Evil; premeditated
[Which is a dead lead-in to my tail-wagging-Us screed, of elsewhere--a bit lengthy for the IWE *nix-inspired style-sheet. But I've not the time or inclination to eviscerate adjectives, trim to triple-distilled (zingers?) Will just run with above clear-example ... and go cool-off the fauna.. again.] (Ready already, for the futcha!)
(From the same MIT? Grad-class who brought us CDOs, via the techs who further.. nay, improve the 24/7 Corp-Advertainment fleecing of billions--that perpetual background-noise, hundreds-of-dB louder than the big-bang version.) I find it YAN Cosmic Joke that, people with certified(-silly-)I.Q.s in the Outlier range; ones who regularly & Proudly declaim about the absurdities of misplaced-"faith": that sort, as promulgated by the worldwide consortium of corporate-like religion orgs:

A) Take such mindless excrescences of a Corporation [say: The Subject one] … maybe for presumption that Their Corporate IQ?? (could there ever Be such a mind-fuck-Concept?) is Big ... like Mine ergo: their credo really IS: Don't do Evull cha. cha. cha. thus: I Believes!
[For the record: I Don't Love. It. … it makes my brain hurt: ie I gots My Own outlier#, (one which Republican-weasels even, shall not pry from my flash-memory) thus, I Too never make mistreaks.]

B) All the recent revelations then, the inescapable bloviations re our de facto Corporate Spy-everywhere-everywhen-State … all those in a brilliant re-mix to one's own preferences: seems merely to limn the much higher Scale of the root of that-all (and maybe 97.6% of the now perpetual summers of our discontent?)

C) Root then? That I aver is: the G A P 'twixt the plodding, infinitely variegated nature of Our wetware, (and its ever-presumed continuing advancement..) and the auto-expansion of technology, sans any formal Previews/assessments/projections of postulates? whatsoever: that G A P widens every hour.
And we possess no 'formal' or even informal org., council? Board? Collection of Humans--for either informed-restraint of-the-New nor---informed encouragement/subsidy/etc. of-the-New.
(Except re that last: where some One/a handful? can make lots of $$, regulation-free; that's a slam-dunk.)

D) The above is true IME/IMO despite the voluminous examples of: Thalidomide™, Arsenic-as-'medicine', perpetual premeditated mis-use/over-use/corporate-greed-use/Abuse! of all antibiotics
(all despite the very-first Warnings! of the earliest creators of such Useful "advances": The '-biotics' Will always evolve.)

So then: "Knowing is not enough"--that common cliche gets no respect despite its Truth--because it IS a cliche. We have lots of examples of that, all signifying this most hilarious/frightening/utterly-predictable cliche-set in the homo-sap lexicon [OK.. One of those sets, anyway]:

How did we get here?/How could we let this happen??

So then, further I submit that we in Murica, especially: quite-too-quickly, quite-ever-too-greedily and always mindlessly) set the Pattern for all of the (wannabe-'rich'/but it-must-come-easily) simple-minds everywhere. Such a feat demanded the anti-intellectualism, the greed of the spawner of 'trickle-down' and similar koans invalid-on-their-face … and the other attributes of the words gullible, avaricious, clueless--indispensable those attributes-- (while Proud of all three.)

Gordian Knots? (those aren't just another Rubik's Cube.) If we worship the fact of our self-attached blinders (all the way to the bank) I don't know what one Calls that level of singing Gloria in Excelsis … as one ascends the steps to the Hoist-by-own-petard, ad hoc scaffold.
All I can see, from here, though: is that blind-faith-in-Techno IS our New Robotic Master; its entrenchment has been steady, un-Questioned and: Successful (in any sense of Master -vs- Serf contests.) We cannot ever-again dispense with that tool; that's preposterous, given our utter reliance on machines even to feed the over-population our techno made possible/however un-wise?

If that's sufficiently-True, is not the first-next Question supposed to be: where do you even begin to plot the means by which you might.. get the robot-Oxen out of the driver's seats everywhere … and back into the yoke?

(For moi: all the rest is just talk, skits, wheel-spinning and drama-Queen hysterics; all entertaining at times but … you know..)

What's most important right now is: go spray some water under the big walnut tree again, for the cats; it hit 98.2° F. out there this afternoon and even we Std-dumb homo-saps have to pay attention to what IS important. Before something else dies.

I read an anecdote way-back: Airline passenger asks what seat-mate is working on. He says, "our five-hundred-year Plan". The Swiss indeed do make such 'plans', though I doubt they (much?) address such roots as Over-population and exponential increases of robots-on-Autopilot? (I could be wrong about both.)
     Stumbled into an Obama town meeting/live-stream in Minn. - (Ashton) - (5)
         Re: Stumbled into an Obama town meeting/live-stream in Minn. - (dmcarls) - (4)
             Yes, that is quite ... it. - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Thanks for the links! Led me to Orwell Today... - (dmcarls) - (2)
                     And that's on YouTube, owned by Google! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     "VERRY Interesting. But.. shtupid^h^h" [©Laugh-in -50 years] s/stupid/Corporate-Evil; premeditated - (Ashton)

Iffn' you ain't the granddaddy of all liars!
173 ms