IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Stumbled into an Obama town meeting/live-stream in Minn.
We will not see the likes of him again in our lifetime. That's very sobering.

'Sometimes'

Sometimes things don’t go, after all,
from bad to worse. Some years, muscadel
faces down frost; green thrives; the crops don’t fail.
Sometimes a man aims high, and all goes well.

A people sometimes will step back from war,
elect an honest man, decide they care
enough, that they can’t leave some stranger poor.
Some men become what they were born for.

Sometimes our best intentions do not go
amiss; sometimes we do as we meant to.
The sun will sometimes melt a field of sorrow
that seemed hard frozen; may it happen for you.

Sheenagh Pugh
New Yes, that is quite ... it.
Flawed sometimes in imagination, more often in tactics (if not strategy, which is often a contender.)
Those waiting-turns (so-far hinted) might well triple the flaws next, but without coming near the intelligence and such of his humane agenda as we've yet managed to grok correctly.

The Pugh poem captures that wistfulness whenever we actually pay enough attention at some moment to detect what it might be (about?)
That reminder can be applied whenever we think to. Thanks, I see I'll keep it to-hand, and look at her other work.
But your comment reminded (again) of a book title, in memoriam of JFK: its title was on a poster a man (known) had carried at a memorial, soon after the assassination.
The phrase triggered as I was watching the BHO clip; this one: Johnny, We Hardly Knew Ye (by Kenny O'Donnell, his close friend and Comrade (links below.)

JFK, then RFK and now BHO--who has been 'assassinated' too--just not literally. Ever since BHO was seen likely to win in '08, I considered that an assassination attempt was more likely than not.
(I found that huge crowd at his victory 'party' harrowing to watch--I've lived Here all my life--the crazy isn't going away.. until after it festers into some mindless destruction(?)
Well.. he's made it this far, but no one could have predicted in '08 the depths of depravity of the growing armies of wing-nuts, nor (what I see we have moved towards..)

I See: Weimar 1926-33, Brown-Shirts and all the other appurtenances) in plentiful supply. The nastiest-level of racism appears to be growing ..in 'certain Counties'.
as. if. a whole generation+ has no knowledge whatsoever, of 1933-45. So it's Not remotely-Over yet. He'll need the Secret Service forever. Fortunately though, there are indeed counter-movements to our perpetual jingoism.. maybe This time?

Likely true too: the sense that anyone that humane, erudite and intelligent is sure to be filtered-out next, indefinitely, if those 'positive' movements devolve into internecine squabbles.
Now the world also knows (much more accurately: since the Shogunate's neon-lit perfidy) what Murica has become; this while most here ... have always buffered-out any such introspection.

No need to deify BHO. His imagination may be more limited than many of us supposed?/or Not. We judge on performance (with little common-ground on that, either) but no Pres. ever could 'govern', facing ceaseless premeditated ad-hominem intransigence /such a perpetual array of scurrilous insults.

So we've never seen, remotely: the full extent of his intentions. (Nullified between ... bin-Laden (who won) and ... the Repos (who guaranteed We would lose.) Nor could he or anyone actually Fix the degree/depth of fatal problems of the US medical '$$delivery system'.) Etc.
If we are incorrigible then we are now un-governable, so ... you know.

re poster origin: http://www.orwelltoday.com/readerjfkjohnnysign.shtml
http://www.orwelltoday.com/readerjfkjohnnysign3.shtml

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Audrey Hepburn "A Beautiful Woman"
New Thanks for the links! Led me to Orwell Today...
And speaking of big brother:

He's listening!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDBQc-VxLAk
New And that's on YouTube, owned by Google!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
New "VERRY Interesting. But.. shtupid^h^h" [©Laugh-in -50 years] s/stupid/Corporate-Evil; premeditated
[Which is a dead lead-in to my tail-wagging-Us screed, of elsewhere--a bit lengthy for the IWE *nix-inspired style-sheet. But I've not the time or inclination to eviscerate adjectives, trim to triple-distilled (zingers?) Will just run with above clear-example ... and go cool-off the fauna.. again.] (Ready already, for the futcha!)
(From the same MIT? Grad-class who brought us CDOs, via the techs who further.. nay, improve the 24/7 Corp-Advertainment fleecing of billions--that perpetual background-noise, hundreds-of-dB louder than the big-bang version.) I find it YAN Cosmic Joke that, people with certified(-silly-)I.Q.s in the Outlier range; ones who regularly & Proudly declaim about the absurdities of misplaced-"faith": that sort, as promulgated by the worldwide consortium of corporate-like religion orgs:

A) Take such mindless excrescences of a Corporation [say: The Subject one] … maybe for presumption that Their Corporate IQ?? (could there ever Be such a mind-fuck-Concept?) is Big ... like Mine ergo: their credo really IS: Don't do Evull cha. cha. cha. thus: I Believes!
[For the record: I Don't Love. It. … it makes my brain hurt: ie I gots My Own outlier#, (one which Republican-weasels even, shall not pry from my flash-memory) thus, I Too never make mistreaks.]

B) All the recent revelations then, the inescapable bloviations re our de facto Corporate Spy-everywhere-everywhen-State … all those in a brilliant re-mix to one's own preferences: seems merely to limn the much higher Scale of the root of that-all (and maybe 97.6% of the now perpetual summers of our discontent?)

C) Root then? That I aver is: the G A P 'twixt the plodding, infinitely variegated nature of Our wetware, (and its ever-presumed continuing advancement..) and the auto-expansion of technology, sans any formal Previews/assessments/projections of postulates? whatsoever: that G A P widens every hour.
And we possess no 'formal' or even informal org., council? Board? Collection of Humans--for either informed-restraint of-the-New nor---informed encouragement/subsidy/etc. of-the-New.
(Except re that last: where some One/a handful? can make lots of $$, regulation-free; that's a slam-dunk.)

D) The above is true IME/IMO despite the voluminous examples of: Thalidomide™, Arsenic-as-'medicine', perpetual premeditated mis-use/over-use/corporate-greed-use/Abuse! of all antibiotics
(all despite the very-first Warnings! of the earliest creators of such Useful "advances": The '-biotics' Will always evolve.)

So then: "Knowing is not enough"--that common cliche gets no respect despite its Truth--because it IS a cliche. We have lots of examples of that, all signifying this most hilarious/frightening/utterly-predictable cliche-set in the homo-sap lexicon [OK.. One of those sets, anyway]:

How did we get here?/How could we let this happen??

So then, further I submit that we in Murica, especially: quite-too-quickly, quite-ever-too-greedily and always mindlessly) set the Pattern for all of the (wannabe-'rich'/but it-must-come-easily) simple-minds everywhere. Such a feat demanded the anti-intellectualism, the greed of the spawner of 'trickle-down' and similar koans invalid-on-their-face … and the other attributes of the words gullible, avaricious, clueless--indispensable those attributes-- (while Proud of all three.)

Gordian Knots? (those aren't just another Rubik's Cube.) If we worship the fact of our self-attached blinders (all the way to the bank) I don't know what one Calls that level of singing Gloria in Excelsis … as one ascends the steps to the Hoist-by-own-petard, ad hoc scaffold.
All I can see, from here, though: is that blind-faith-in-Techno IS our New Robotic Master; its entrenchment has been steady, un-Questioned and: Successful (in any sense of Master -vs- Serf contests.) We cannot ever-again dispense with that tool; that's preposterous, given our utter reliance on machines even to feed the over-population our techno made possible/however un-wise?

If that's sufficiently-True, is not the first-next Question supposed to be: where do you even begin to plot the means by which you might.. get the robot-Oxen out of the driver's seats everywhere … and back into the yoke?

(For moi: all the rest is just talk, skits, wheel-spinning and drama-Queen hysterics; all entertaining at times but … you know..)

What's most important right now is: go spray some water under the big walnut tree again, for the cats; it hit 98.2° F. out there this afternoon and even we Std-dumb homo-saps have to pay attention to what IS important. Before something else dies.

I read an anecdote way-back: Airline passenger asks what seat-mate is working on. He says, "our five-hundred-year Plan". The Swiss indeed do make such 'plans', though I doubt they (much?) address such roots as Over-population and exponential increases of robots-on-Autopilot? (I could be wrong about both.)
     Stumbled into an Obama town meeting/live-stream in Minn. - (Ashton) - (5)
         Re: Stumbled into an Obama town meeting/live-stream in Minn. - (dmcarls) - (4)
             Yes, that is quite ... it. - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Thanks for the links! Led me to Orwell Today... - (dmcarls) - (2)
                     And that's on YouTube, owned by Google! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     "VERRY Interesting. But.. shtupid^h^h" [©Laugh-in -50 years] s/stupid/Corporate-Evil; premeditated - (Ashton)

In th' stables, m'lord.
228 ms