IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I want it I want it but how to get it?
I can drive a herd of cats, but suggestions on how to word the Introduction letter would be helpful. Of course any other uninstalled might want to take a look. working 7 on and 7 off means commuting.
Phillips Alaska, Inc. Field Minor Project Leader Act as the primary resource for field operations in project management of all engineering packages designed on on-site. Ensure the packages meet both field and project; budget, schedule, and
PAI technical standards. North Slope based position. 7 days on/ 7 days off work schedule. JOB TASKS: Determine appropriate project leader for all engineering package requests. Act as project leader for 40 to 60% of all jobs.
Determine project scope, budget, schedule, and priority in consult with operations. Supervise 10-30 contract designers and documentation aides from multiple contractors. Provide Field Operations with program management of $20MM to $30MM LTO/SIB budget. Track, schedule, and prioritize with monthly updates to Operations. Lead quarterly review of program with upper management to set work priorities. Promote PAI interest in safe work environment.
thanx,
bill
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires attendance at group meetings and technical training classes in Anchorage. Comfortable working in rough terrain, weather, and active construction sites. Requires regular small plane travel between various oil fields on weekly basis. Effective communication with field based discipline engineers and PAI Technical Authorities. 5 years of applicable project experience, with good knowledge of project management. BS degree in engineering or equivalent. TO APPLY: QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT A RESUME BY August 14, 2001 TO: PHILLIPS ALASKA, INC. HUMAN RESOURCES -ATO 1866 P.O. BOX 100360 ANCHORAGE, AK 99510-0360 OR FAX TO: (907) 263-4355 Phillips Alaska is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phillips 66 Alaska
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New well since no one had input I tried this
the idea of being paid to go camping and do confusers 26 weeks a year was too good to pass up. Maybe they'll get desparate

William Oxley
561-xxx-xxxx Home
561-xxx-xxxx cell
email WilliamOxley@netscape.net
Lake Worth FL 33467

To Human Resources
Philips Alaska, Inc.

\tI would like to apply for the position of Field Minor Project Leader advertised in the Anchorage Daily News. I have extensive integration, project management technical management skills. I have been a resident of Alaska for 20 yrs and am looking forward to returning in the near future. Currently I am a Senior Engineer at my.company responsible for the ERX 1400 project, a BRAS solution for large DSL rollouts. I have recently completed an Alpha to GA Softswitch Solution project as a Project Lead. I would look forward to the challenge of managing engineering software and integration products thru the lifecycles required as well as the challenge of the work environment. I have Alaskan as well as other references available upon request. My resume follows,

Thank you for your consideration

William Oxley
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Good luck!
I didn't feel particularly qualified to give advice in this area. Not counting self-employment situations, I've only had two employers (for full time jobs) in my life. My only thoughts were to lead with the solid applicable job attributes and minimize the rest.

Too little, too late.
Alex

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not certain about the universe.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
New Hey Bill - reads good to me but,
wtf do I know about the convoluted TLA-filled heads of Humane Relationships directors?

Anyway will light candle fer ya.. having spent a few weeks periodically, in Miami area - I'd wanna get out too. Alaska has Got to be healthier for all living critters (who keep warm enough in odd months) than many of the IT-besotted centers in the 48.

If ya fergit yer little LED-light - the LRPD is always there for illumination :-\ufffd

Break a leg,

A.
New maimi to where I am is Sanfran to Grass Valley
just too fscking rule bound. Plan if I get it is to commute intil June next year then head home after giving the renters time to move. If it turns short term just commute for a year or so until stuff picks up down here.
thanx,
bill
Chuck Palahniuk
New Uh.. commute?
2 RTs a month FL -- AK ??

Sure hope they have a subsidy program or own a small airline ('course though - RTs in a DC-3 might also fry brain).

Whatever case - sounds like adventure.. a codin in the tent with that propane heater keepin the LCD from freezin, 'cept when the case starts smoulderin. Tip from my dog-friends:

Never Never! leave that vodka bottle out all night and then take a swig.. kill ya dead. Instant 'core-temp' implosion.

Ashton Heloise
New week on week off commute
Is not dificult. Most of the oil cmpanies pick up the tab for the flight. Others pick uo the tab from Anchorage onward. Buying in advance is not that expensive. Actually you live in what could best be described as college dorms with tiny rooms, shared heads galley with 24x7 food and 3 squares a day. Workday is a minumum of 12hrs but 16+ is the norm. No booze, drugs etc allowed anywhere, instant firing offence. The royal guards, pinkertons have draconian rights to search and seizure as the entire North Slope Complex is considered private property. Pool tables, ping pong as well as libraries and tv rooms available. Companions are usually congenial as this is home away from home 26 weeks a year.
thanx,
bill
Chuck Palahniuk
New Sounds a bit like a friend's foray to
Saudi Arabia - to work on a transmitter.. :[

Ya think Our Fundamentalists are hypocritical meddling busybodies (?) -- these folk wrote That book.

He stuck it out.. but after debriefing here -- I became more pro-Israeli and less open-minded about what the opponents Really 'meant'. Any group that can swear with frequent refs to a camel's ancestors.. 30 minutes without repeating selves -

Then bust ya fer *reading something*

Well, this gig doesn't sound near that bad. Solitude heals, anyway..

Cheers,

A.
New try afridi's
Any group that can swear with frequent refs to a camel's ancestors.. 30 minutes without repeating selves -
In Afghanistan in Tabul in the old days that would be yer average discussion of the price of a cab, to end the conversation remember the Pathan creed, the more enemies you have before you die the higher you are in heaven. My favorite was the lapping of 100 dogs at the members of men who like boys and pleasured your mother daily until you were born. That would be responded to until you give him last offer fondle your knife leer and say quietly, yer sister. Instant death threats, takes yer cash that you offered and impresses yer buds. Just gotta watch yer back at all times.
thanx,
bill
Chuck Palahniuk
New One comment
This sounds like responsibility for major bucks (by lower-48 standards; $20M is probably chump change to an oilco. ) If you get the call, try to convince 'em that you've had responsibility for large numbers of ducats.

Also, it seems to have nothing to do with DSL. Roughnecks might require different management techniques than are used in Cubesylvania.

Good luck, and please, don't cause any oil slicks in the national parks!

- pdmoderator
     I want it I want it but how to get it? - (boxley) - (9)
         well since no one had input I tried this - (boxley) - (8)
             Good luck! - (a6l6e6x)
             Hey Bill - reads good to me but, - (Ashton) - (5)
                 maimi to where I am is Sanfran to Grass Valley - (boxley) - (4)
                     Uh.. commute? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         week on week off commute - (boxley) - (2)
                             Sounds a bit like a friend's foray to - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 try afridi's - (boxley)
             One comment - (pdmoderator)

The first big step on the road to the depths of degreda...
82 ms