IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Context please
Who's this Kristol chap?
New Re: Context please
William Kristol - One of W's cheerleaders.

http://www.weeklysta...cuse_784895.html#

HTH.

[tyop]

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott March 19, 2014, 10:30:14 AM EDT
New I see
An armchair soldier who's never had anything more threatening than a super-soaker pointed at him, giving it Bertie Big Potatoes about how other people should go and get shot at.

What a dickbag.
New His irony meter's busted, while mine's all a-klaxon
Every time I hear this, I wonder: Did you serve? Did you volunteer to fight oppression in foreign lands? Did your son or brother or husband? If so, then I understand and sympathize with your complaint ... unlike most of those who utter this shopworn phrase.

To which little Billy says, "Hear hear!"

Yes, William, because your extensive military career gives you common cause with Ms. Szrom.

What's that you say? You never served? Well then ... do fuck right off now.
--

Drew
New See also his wikipedia entry
Son of Irving Kristol, an early neocon. Little Billy is the dumbest man ever to have a regular gig (since rescinded) at the New York Times, which is saying something, since the Newspaper of Record also employs David Brooks, Ross Douthat and Tom Friedman. I have long cherished the following anecdote:
“I remember back in the late 1990s, when Ira Katznelson, an eminent political scientist at Columbia, came to deliver a guest lecture. Prof. Katznelson described a lunch he had with Irving Kristol during the first Bush administration.

“The talk turned to William Kristol, then Dan Quayle’s chief of staff, and how he got his start in politics. Irving recalled how he talked to his friend Harvey Mansfield at Harvard, who secured William a place there as both an undergrad and graduate student; how he talked to Pat Moynihan, then Nixon’s domestic policy adviser, and got William an internship at the White House; how he talked to friends at the RNC [Republican National Committee] and secured a job for William after he got his Harvard Ph.D.; and how he arranged with still more friends for William to teach at Penn and the Kennedy School of Government.

“With that, Prof. Katznelson recalled, he then asked Irving what he thought of affirmative action. ‘I oppose it,’ Irving replied. ‘It subverts meritocracy.’ ”
cordially,
New Got link for this?
I would love to distribute this more widely.
New Not Rand, but here's what I've found.
This seems to be one of the earliest ones - http://www.lawyersgu...-kristol-meltdown . The cite for it - http://www.haloscan....991906208/#655097 - gives a 404, but archive.org may have it.

HTH!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not really a 404
the original comment was on haloscan, as was the original article; they've been migrating them into the current site for quite a while. You can find it further down if you read the comments.
New BTW
if you go further down the thread, you'll find the subject of that post (Ira Katznelson) weighs in with his actual recollections of the conversation.
New Good catch. Thanks.
New From first link, think I've got it..
Conservatives Reactionaries have been on a long diet with increasing dosages of Aresenic.
Were that diet suddenly cut/Kristol demoted: withdrawal would kill.

(Alas, it's 5+ years later ... so I guess they're in stasis until the Death of All Language.)
(So sorry that T. Pratchett didn't get the (promising?) new anti-Alzheimer protein. Bet he could run with another 'Death-of' within the Morpork pantheon.)

http://www.dailykos....er-s-and-dementia
New SImplest, perhaps--
He is the zombie-incarnation of My Gramma, complete with the identical '50s hack-phrases of the [Look up, 'John Birch Society'.]
He encompasses the virtual-liff posture of one marlowe but sans marlowe's continuous bugaboo:
when he (per his own words)
had the shit beaten out of him, apparently by some local Irish 'goons' (or maybe just non-goons tired of his verbal diarrhea?)

'True' can be applied in Kristol's case only to the phrase, True-sociopath.
(I claim only that, I KNOW this mofo.. cold.)
     Pierce flays Kristol - (rcareaga) - (14)
         Context please - (pwhysall) - (11)
             Re: Context please - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 I see - (pwhysall)
                 His irony meter's busted, while mine's all a-klaxon - (drook)
             See also his wikipedia entry - (rcareaga) - (6)
                 Got link for this? - (jake123) - (5)
                     Not Rand, but here's what I've found. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         Not really a 404 - (jake123) - (2)
                             BTW - (jake123) - (1)
                                 Good catch. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         From first link, think I've got it.. - (Ashton)
             SImplest, perhaps-- - (Ashton)
         Thanks.. Verbal-Treat of the Year.. some priceless replies, - (Ashton)
         Re: Pierce flays Kristol - (lincoln)

They believe our game is food?
60 ms