IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Saved!
Music Group is at Bonnie and Tim's this Saturday, and they'll feature Scandinavian music.

So, I wrote up and did a test run on a Scandinavian recipe for Hearts with Prunes (and Apples). My test run was done with a combination of pig and lamb hearts, but as with everything else lamb, their hearts are expensive and heavily laden with fat. By time you've endured the hassle of removing all the fat the price is a whole lot higher.

So, Tuesday I went to Super King in Altadena to start gathering pig hearts. No pig hearts, just a few lamb hearts. Talked to the meat guys and told them I needed 6 pounds of pig hearts. They told me they'd make sure they got some in.

Returned to Super King Thursday afternoon. No pig hearts. I went to the specialty meat market down the street from me. Nope, no pig hearts - they did have lamb hearts though. Said they were getting a new pig in on Friday, but didn't think they could get more than one heart with it.

So, this morning I went down to Jon's Market in Glendale. No pig hearts or lamb hearts, though they did have some beef hearts.

Next stop was Super King on San Fernando Road in Los Angeles. No wonder nobody else had pig hearts - apparently every pig heart in LA County had been sent there. I got 6-1/2 pounds and they still had a pile left - on the shelf - who knows how much more they have in the walk-in.

It's all now trimmed and sliced for the recipe, with the offcuts simmering for stock.

The recipe, which is delicious, is at: http://www.clovegard.../vmm_heartp1.html

Now I have to go down to Harmony Farms and see if they were able to get one or more pig hearts. I don't ask anyone to bring in a special order and not show up and buy it - that just isn't good ethics. It's OK if they got some, I've plenty more recipes for pig hearts.

Yesterday I did buy one thing from them I desperately needed to complete my sausage page, Boerewors. I was well aware of this deficiency, but I did also get an email from somewhere telling me my page could not be considered sufficient without Boerewors. I know of an outfit in LA that does make them, but it would be a long drive, so this saves me some trouble.
New Delicious it may be ...
But that is not an appetizing picture. I don't know how much the busy tablecloth is hurting, but it's sure not helping.
--

Drew
New Well, I'm not really happy about the bowl . . .
. . and I'm going to re-shoot that. Also, the color is too light as I forgot the soy sauce for the photo. The place mat though, is my current Scandanoovian one, and it'll remain until I find a better - I depend on the place mats as a hint as to ethnicity when things get confused. I've got approaching 1000 recipes, and pictures do get confusing sometimes.

On the other hand, the photographers on this site tell me how totally shitty my photos are - but civilians tell me how wonderful they are. Given the ratio of skilled photographers to civilians, I'm siding with the civilians.
New I like the file name when you click on it
enlarged. seems apropos somehow.
     Saved! - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
         Delicious it may be ... - (drook) - (2)
             Well, I'm not really happy about the bowl . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             I like the file name when you click on it - (jake123)

Compatible with our orbiting brain lasers.
37 ms