IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There's an obvious solution to this
an ongoing grassroots campaign of vandalism.

I know of one that was done to a pawn shop in a Montreal neighbourhood, called InstaCash. After it opened, break-ins in the neighbourhood started climbing. The folks that lived there (not I, I lived about twenty blocks south of that area; I had friends that lived near there) kept finding their stuff in that store, and figured that it increased crimes of opportunities by crackheads and junkies looking for "InstaCash", so they decided to get rid of it. They did this by routinely breaking its windows, crazy-gluing its locks, and so on. Along the way, if someone had a break-in they'd go in to see if the stuff was there, so they could inform the police and recover their property. The intent was to make it so expensive to operate that the game wasn't worth the candle.

The store closed about nine months later.
New OK solution to an [ignored] local plight..
May not Scale well if ... these devices go viral (see below re London initial outlawing er, 'requesting'..)
Concur with responder to that event: How Enforce--ever?

Believe we're already in Chaos Theory bailiwick.. random-Techno increases --> its Lead-time over social-Awareness: by orders of magnitude. :-/

I no verbs or adjectives.
     Stalked by a Smart trash can yet, Peter? - (Ashton) - (7)
         There's an obvious solution to this - (jake123) - (1)
             OK solution to an [ignored] local plight.. - (Ashton)
         Stand corrected: London ain't so dumb :-) - (Ashton) - (4)
             Some "stores" have been doing it... - (folkert) - (3)
                 Knew re RFID, etc. Where do it end? -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Not RFID... - (folkert) - (1)
                         Yup... - (hnick)

Heard that when you play a Windows CD backwards, it plays satanic message? That's nothing! When you play it forward, it installs Windows!
41 ms