IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New BBery recomendations?
New job requires a BBery, so I'll be carrying a 2nd phone. It'll be on the AT&T plan.
I always liked the real physical keyboards on them, so I don't mind. Still will keep my Atrix as my personal phone.
Will have an older (but not too old) WIFI only tablet, which will keep me educated during the daily train ride, and I can also use the BBery as a hotspot for mobile web access.
So, given these goals and constraints, what BBery model should I get?
New Supposedly BBMessenger is coming to other phones.
http://us.blackberry.com/bbm.html

If that pans out, you won't need BB hardware.

Dunno if you can/want to wait.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I like BB hardware
And I do NOT want my personal phone to be the BB phone, no billing questions and no "what did you do with corp property" questions.
New Ok.
I was (silently) proposing getting a corporate GS4 or iP5 and running the BBM app on it.

If you like their hardware, you must have something in mind. I think it's a dead-end choice, myself. They are shrinking and in "do whatever is necessary to save the ship"-mode (including talk of taking the company private). They won't be able to afford compelling new hardware for a while.

The Z10 seems to be their latest gadget on AT&T - http://www.att.com/s...s/blackberry.html - no keyboard. The Q10 has a keyboard.

It's probably not worth agonizing over given all the unknowns. Use whatever your colleagues/boss use or recommend and move on. You don't want to be in a situation where they send you something and your gadget doesn't work with it 100%, so waiting on a BBM app (unless it is immanent) is risky.

HTH a little.

Cheers,
Scott.
New No prob
And it doesn't matter as of this morning.

I was told I'd get a 4G device to pop on the tablet, and any BB phone, which I want the physical keyboard model., ie: the Q10.

I agree on the dead-end, but it doesn't matter. Corp decides, corp pays, I have no problem with it.
New None?
Yeah... I'm no help.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New You like keyboard? Get the Q10.
The people here that I know that have them love them. Enough so that they enjoy demoing the several ways in which they smoke iPhones.
New I will
I just have to wait a day until the corp CC card shows up.

heheheheheahahahahaahaha.
     BBery recomendations? - (crazy) - (7)
         Supposedly BBMessenger is coming to other phones. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             I like BB hardware - (crazy) - (2)
                 Ok. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     No prob - (crazy)
         None? - (folkert)
         You like keyboard? Get the Q10. - (jake123) - (1)
             I will - (crazy)

Your Freak God[tm] was HERE!
49 ms