IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: How Pournelle got kicked off ARPANET.
I've enjoyed some of Pournelle's books (mainly the ones with Niven though now that I think about it), but thought he was a bit of an ass in his columns. So this makes me snigger:

I'd rather recycle his account for some bright 12-yr-old...
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: How Pournelle got kicked off ARPANET.
Yeah, I've read most of his stuff, and the Niven collaborations were best. His columns were kind of funny though. He was the worlds longest standing newbie ever. He hacked forever on the same simple stupid problems and had his sorta hot computer doing meaningless bench tests forever. After a couple cycles, there wasn't any point to going back to his page except to see if a bubble burst somewhere and ???.
If he had a new book, I'd probably read it, but never a column again ever. ick...
     How Pournelle got kicked off ARPANET. - (Another Scott) - (12)
         Buncha folks with easily-rustled jimmies -NT - (drook) - (2)
             Commenter Nils seems to have summed him up succinctly. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Superbly-compact truthiness there, indeed. -NT - (Ashton)
         Wow. UUCP ! addressing. it's been a while -NT - (crazy)
         Re: How Pournelle got kicked off ARPANET. - (malraux) - (1)
             Re: How Pournelle got kicked off ARPANET. - (hnick)
         Heh.. I met Pournelle at a computer something-Con - (Ashton) - (5)
             That was you?!? I remember that column! - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Ayup.. {{blushes.. w/smirk.}} - (Ashton) - (3)
                     It's apparently called "Stabilant 22" now. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Yeah.. now I recall that name, later-on. Good sleuthing. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Yup, now that you mention that, I recall JerryP doing so to. -NT - (CRConrad)

Soundtrack now available on Atlantic Records.
69 ms