IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting. WWF says lack of use in wine endangers them...
From 2006: http://www.ens-newsw...2006-05-15-01.asp

"The cork oak forests could face an economic and environmental crisis unless we take action to secure their future now," said Rebecca May, a forests campaigner at with WWF-UK. "It is vital that the wine and cork industries maintain the market for cork stoppers and in turn, help ensure the survival of the cork oak forests."

Cheers,
Scott.
New Just like mahogany
People tried to "protect" mahogany and with no buyers you could no longer sell it. But nothing stopped you from burning it all down and grazing cattle that you could sell to McDonalds.
--

Drew
New Do-gooder projects very often produce bad results.
Do-gooders are generally highly committed single issue activists who ignore all the surrounding factors and even deny any that counter their pet project.

I recently read an article (Natural History or Smithsonian) by a person who actually participated in a project to save the savanna in Africa. It was supposedly degraded by elephants, so more than 40,000 elephants were shot. The immediate effect was accelerated degradation of the savanna.

Many other do-gooder projects have had similar results.
New His name's Allan Savory
that's something he did many years ago. He gave a TED talk about it: Re: http://www.ted.com/t...imate_change.html
New Thanx
Sheesh - had to edit a single word - it's late - obviously past my bed time - even though it's an hour earlier than usual.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus June 12, 2013, 01:23:16 AM EDT
New Very interesting, Jake. Thanks!
Alex
     I really wonder what's going on behind the scenes on Plan B. - (Another Scott) - (27)
         perhaps because it is illegal to have consensual sex - (boxley) - (2)
             Re: perhaps because it is illegal to have consensual sex - (lincoln) - (1)
                 BS - (crazy)
         Personally, I love Plan B. - (CRConrad) - (16)
             $16.60 a bottle for a screw cap?!?! Yikes! :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (14)
                 After so much... - (folkert)
                 Screw caps are better than cork; even the new plastic "cork" - (CRConrad) - (12)
                     It is true that screw caps are far more reliable . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Opening, true. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             I haven't a problem there, provided . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Screw caps are good. Boxes are better. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                         Cork trees endangered? Not likely. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                             Interesting. WWF says lack of use in wine endangers them... - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                 Just like mahogany - (drook) - (4)
                                     Do-gooder projects very often produce bad results. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                         His name's Allan Savory - (jake123) - (2)
                                             Thanx - (Andrew Grygus)
                                             Very interesting, Jake. Thanks! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         Yeah, I knew you were. - (CRConrad)
             Oh wow... - (folkert)
         Amanda Marcotte at Women in Secularism - 2 - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I don't know - (drook) - (1)
                 wouldnt need a girlfriend either -NT - (boxley)
         Available to women of all ages. Finally. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             The churches are slowly losing their control . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Our future: cognitive dissonance. - (Ashton)
             Shiny! Over there! - (hnick)

Hard science if ever there was.
56 ms