IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hadn't thought about that
My local Italian market only has Italian, Greek, Spanish and (I think) Croatian. I'll have to look for California.
--

Drew
New Only one problem there . . .
. . you will only find Extra Virgin - because that's all that's made here.

Around here the price is similar to that of high quality Italian product - don't know what it might sell for back there.

Two statements I found amusing.

From an old cookbook (from back when ALL cookbooks were written in New York). "The very finest grade of olive oil is made in Italy. Unfortunately they don't export that grade. Fortunately, California produces olive oil equal to the best Italian. Unfortunately, they don't export it either".

This is, of course, no longer quite true, as production is now sufficient to seek export markets.

And from a (now defunct) gourmet cooking magazine a few years back. "That the overall winner of our comparative testing was from California shows that California is beginning to catch up to the Italians".

Yeah, beginning to catch up. This was also from the Northeast, of course, Connecticut in this case.
     6 creepiest lies the food industry is feeding you - (malraux) - (13)
         explains why our local honey tastes so good -NT - (boxley) - (5)
             And our olive oil tates so bland -NT - (drook) - (4)
                 you dont buy from a reputable oil company like crisco? - (boxley)
                 Easy solution there . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     Hadn't thought about that - (drook) - (1)
                         Only one problem there . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Marketed around here... - (folkert) - (6)
             Considering the FDA says it ain't honey without pollen ... - (drook) - (5)
                 I've seen that... - (mvitale) - (3)
                     replace cream with crisco -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Well, the current owner of Crisco . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     First time I saw it, I said out loud, "Half what?" -NT - (drook)
                 Its supposedly "Hypo-Allergenic"... - (folkert)

Let's make a rendezvous.
75 ms