IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But . what . would . you . do . specifically. :-)
New I.would.not.compromise.
Sure, the country'd go to hell for maybe a decade or so, but we're heading there anyway. The first thing I'd do is say to the teeming masses, "Social Security has FSCK ALL to do with the deficit. You know what caused the national debt? The Republican Party. Before their hero Reagan, we were the world's leading creditor nation. In four years Republican policies turned the world's leading creditor nation into a debtor nation for the first time since 1914. The way they did it was by turning the tax code literally on its head for the richest Americans. Before they got their way with the tax code, those folks were paying a tax rate of 72% on their income over 360,000 and keeping 28%. With Republican policies they changed that and they began paying 28% on the money above 360,000 and keeping 72%. What did they do with all that money? They took it out of our country and hid it in things like Cayman Island bank accounts where they vacation. Before Reagan left office the US was the world's leading debtor nation. Republicans call that economic success. I don't. Now these same idiots want you to believe that I don't care about you trying to make a living for your family of four on 55,000. They don't even know anyone who makes less than several million and that is exactly who they represent. ..."

You make that case to the American people. If the right wingers don't back down or get thrown out of office, then you tell the American people, "Look. These guys are as corrupt as it gets and things are going to get very hard in the coming years. I tried to get them to see that billionaires have been coddled for the past 30 years at the expense of everybody else. I don't have much I can do by myself, but there is one thing I can do. We are going to print money 24/7 until our entire National debt is paid off. That will cause the dollar to collapse and things will get hard. But they will get better eventually. But I warn you, if you keep sending idiots to Washington like Boehner, Ryan, McConnell, Cantor and the rest, they'll screw everything up again for the benefit of their pals on Wall Street."

In short, monetizing the fricking debt would be a good start. Without a national debt, the fricking Republican Nazis won't have that in their quiver to continue to screw the working class with.

In shorter still, I'd make changes you can believe in.
New Does the president have the authority to do that?
Can he print money without approval from congress?

And how does "would.not.compromise." not fit your definition of "becoming just like him"?
--

Drew
New I have principles. They don't.
Are you saying that we became "just like Hitler" when we fought against the Nazis?
I know. Godwin again. But I believe in "calling a spade a spade" as my dad used to say.
New tying german soldiers on tanks with barbwire?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New congress doesnt print money, the fed does
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Um, Article I - Section 8 - Enumerated Powers
http://en.wikipedia....Enumerated_powers

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

[...]

The House has to be involved in setting the budget of the United States. If the House refuses to pass a bill, the President can't do anything about it but cajole.

Compromises are always necessary. Always.

Cheers,
Scott.
New He'd have his enemies executed
New Well, yes. That's what I said. :p
New Which most of us will end up sooner or later
     Mr. Cave In strikes again. - (mmoffitt) - (51)
         You're assuming the Republicans will go along... - (Another Scott) - (50)
             Well, the top Republican proposed it. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 (See edit above.) -NT - (Another Scott)
             But that's my point. - (mmoffitt) - (47)
                 He's not doing that. - (Another Scott) - (45)
                     "Not a deal to be happy about." - (mmoffitt) - (44)
                         You're amazing. - (Another Scott) - (43)
                             skank, I admit it -NT - (boxley) - (38)
                                 In what way? - (Another Scott) - (37)
                                     so NOW you are against her -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Aye yi yi. Review the history here. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     I'll say this much. - (mmoffitt) - (34)
                                         Really? - (Another Scott) - (33)
                                             I know what it is now. - (mmoffitt) - (32)
                                                 Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (27)
                                                     You AREN'T going to get Boehner's vote. - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                                                         if if you push the school shootings to get a tax increase? - (boxley)
                                                         And then what? - (Another Scott) - (19)
                                                             dont forget the dems had their turn in there - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                 IWT Circular Diversion #1345. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     the old otherguydiddit defense, false equivelence -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                         Did YOU just accuse HIM of using the OGDI defense? - (drook) - (4)
                                                                             false equivelence :-) - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                 BS - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                     She's a wimmin, so she's always fair game. Amirite? :-p -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                     BS 50 years ago the democrats were assigning seats - (boxley)
                                                             A part of that is completely backwards. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                                                 But . what . would . you . do . specifically. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                                     I.would.not.compromise. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                         Does the president have the authority to do that? - (drook) - (3)
                                                                             I have principles. They don't. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                 tying german soldiers on tanks with barbwire? -NT - (boxley)
                                                                             congress doesnt print money, the fed does -NT - (boxley)
                                                                         Um, Article I - Section 8 - Enumerated Powers - (Another Scott)
                                                                         He'd have his enemies executed -NT - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                             Well, yes. That's what I said. :p -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                 Which most of us will end up sooner or later -NT - (crazy)
                                                     Getting stuff done... - (hnick) - (4)
                                                         The Democratic Party can't impose discipline like that. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                             That may be so... - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                 Patience, grasshopper. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     I dont think that cliff is going to be that bad. - (boxley)
                                                 and dear leader isn't? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                     You're thinking of Rmoney. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         naw, he already has his dough - (boxley)
                                                     I said they'd take over, didn't I? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             I don't know that anyone would be better now. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 What's that adage by Rumsfeld? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     And by Polly Annish "it's the best we can do" - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         See his accomplishments earlier in this thread. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Yes you do - (crazy)

Reno: Maybe you’ll win enough for a ticket to Vegas!
94 ms