IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That may be so...
However if he never even tries, it certainly won't happen. It appears that he figures there is no point wasting time standing up for anything at all so he may as well go straight to conciliation. And he doesn't need congressional help to get on the idiot box. But the only times he gets on is to say "We arrived at a BIPARTISAN!!!!! resolution! I gave away the farm...
So... to a liberal, what good is this timorous, powerless president?
New Patience, grasshopper.
The powerless one is Boehner.

http://www.nytimes.c...cal-solution.html

WASHINGTON — House Speaker John A. Boehner, in the wake of the embarrassing defeat of his backup plan to avert a fiscal crisis in two short weeks, on Friday called on the Senate and President Obama to find a way out, but added that “God only knows” how Washington is going to get control of its finances.

With the House headed home for the holidays and the Senate soon to depart, Mr. Boehner gave no hints of a path to avoid the so-called “fiscal cliff,” when more than a half trillion dollars in automatic spending cuts and tax increases kick in beginning next month. He said that on Monday, he had delivered his demands to the president for a broad deficit-reduction deal to avoid the crisis. The president delivered his “bottom lines” and told him “he couldn’t go any further.”

[...]

The ball is in the Republicans' court, still. While the headline in a subsequent NY Times story says it's up to Obama now, it's clear from the text that it's not - http://www.nytimes.c...n-fails.html?_r=0

I don't expect anything to happen until they return after Christmas. At that point, I still expect us to go over the "cliff", but they may surprise me.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I dont think that cliff is going to be that bad.
The markets should pickup because they know that the tax structure at that level was workable for a long time. Defense stocks will be down but I imagine not for long as a bunch of scared politicians of all stripes will take their butts to washington to sort out the war machine. After that it is muddle on as usual
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
     Mr. Cave In strikes again. - (mmoffitt) - (51)
         You're assuming the Republicans will go along... - (Another Scott) - (50)
             Well, the top Republican proposed it. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 (See edit above.) -NT - (Another Scott)
             But that's my point. - (mmoffitt) - (47)
                 He's not doing that. - (Another Scott) - (45)
                     "Not a deal to be happy about." - (mmoffitt) - (44)
                         You're amazing. - (Another Scott) - (43)
                             skank, I admit it -NT - (boxley) - (38)
                                 In what way? - (Another Scott) - (37)
                                     so NOW you are against her -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Aye yi yi. Review the history here. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     I'll say this much. - (mmoffitt) - (34)
                                         Really? - (Another Scott) - (33)
                                             I know what it is now. - (mmoffitt) - (32)
                                                 Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (27)
                                                     You AREN'T going to get Boehner's vote. - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                                                         if if you push the school shootings to get a tax increase? - (boxley)
                                                         And then what? - (Another Scott) - (19)
                                                             dont forget the dems had their turn in there - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                 IWT Circular Diversion #1345. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     the old otherguydiddit defense, false equivelence -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                         Did YOU just accuse HIM of using the OGDI defense? - (drook) - (4)
                                                                             false equivelence :-) - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                 BS - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                     She's a wimmin, so she's always fair game. Amirite? :-p -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                     BS 50 years ago the democrats were assigning seats - (boxley)
                                                             A part of that is completely backwards. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                                                 But . what . would . you . do . specifically. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                                     I.would.not.compromise. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                         Does the president have the authority to do that? - (drook) - (3)
                                                                             I have principles. They don't. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                 tying german soldiers on tanks with barbwire? -NT - (boxley)
                                                                             congress doesnt print money, the fed does -NT - (boxley)
                                                                         Um, Article I - Section 8 - Enumerated Powers - (Another Scott)
                                                                         He'd have his enemies executed -NT - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                             Well, yes. That's what I said. :p -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                 Which most of us will end up sooner or later -NT - (crazy)
                                                     Getting stuff done... - (hnick) - (4)
                                                         The Democratic Party can't impose discipline like that. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                             That may be so... - (hnick) - (2)
                                                                 Patience, grasshopper. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     I dont think that cliff is going to be that bad. - (boxley)
                                                 and dear leader isn't? - (boxley) - (3)
                                                     You're thinking of Rmoney. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         naw, he already has his dough - (boxley)
                                                     I said they'd take over, didn't I? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             I don't know that anyone would be better now. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 What's that adage by Rumsfeld? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     And by Polly Annish "it's the best we can do" - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         See his accomplishments earlier in this thread. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Yes you do - (crazy)

We get more play than a 6-disc changer in a bitchin' Camaro.
128 ms