IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Irony of your sig
You are making an accusation that Israel will eventually "kill off [sic] the Arabs living the The Greater Land of Israel."

You say that there has been a "pattern" over 35 years.

It is ironic that you have the nerve to have the word "truth" appear in your sig.

These are harsh accusations.

Maybe you just say these things to needle bluke. Heaven knows, he doesn't take needling well.

But just in case you aren't: What is your basis for these accusations? Also, what is the second "wrong" here (from the title of your post)?

The atrocity is the second intifada. The atrocity in Jenin was that criminal terrorists put the camp and civilians in harm's way by choosing to make a stand there. The considerations shown by Israel in their conduct of the operation--specifically that it was less destructive than bombing or shelling the camp from a safe distance--were gratuitous and cost 30 IDF lives.

Bluke's post was about hypocrisy. The hypocrisy of the "international community" and the "united nations" is that they confer unwarranted legitimacy on murderous regimes like those in Sudan and Syria and on sponsors of terrorism like Arafat and the Palestinian Authority.
Mike
New Re: Irony of your sig
You are right, I overdo the "needling" at times.

Well, our friend bluke is quite often into making excuses for Israel by pointing out all other wrongs committed by others, especially the US. Neither the Geneva Conventions nor UN Resolutions apply to Israel unless they happen to be favorable or can somehow be interpreted that way. I don't buy such excuses.

I don't actually believe Israelis want to kill off Palestinian Arabs, per se. It's the second choice. The first choice is to make them leave. Making the lives of Palestinian Arabs miserable and humiliating them every day, in every way, is the primary technique. (Did you read about the IDF soldier who crapped in a car in a showroom in Bethlehem?) It's the updated version of the Nazi "Juden Raus!" approach. How many times have you seen bluke's "They have no rights to the land!" (it was desolate 100 years ago) message. Israeli provocation is another approach to keep the cycle of violence going. The Palestinian Arab violence then justifies the Israeli oppression. This is particularly true with the current Sharon government. When you have the military power and watch the body loss ratios, it's possible to delude yourself that eventually this approach win out.

When you see Israeli actions (and not words) that are not explained by The Greater Land of Israel goal, point them out to me. I'd be happy to say I was wrong.

Of course, not all Israeli people are so morally bankrupt as to go along with The Greater Land of Israel plan. The success of these people of conscience are my hope for Israel.
Alex

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
New Cycle of Violence
I want to start-off by apologizing for getting so personal in my post. I should have simply stuck to my own rule and stayed out of this forum.

The Geneva Conventions and the U.N. heavily favor the enemies of the civilization we have managed to achieve. There are several utopian assumptions that went into the drafting of the Geneva Conventions and the establishment of the U.N. that have not worked in practice. Not all states are rational actors. Not all actors are states.

Torture, assassination, and killing innocents are each intrinsically horrific. As a former soldier, I have an absolute belief in the sanctity of proper conduct in war. But the intifada is not a war. What is the proper name for a conflict between a nation and terrorist organizations, anyway?

The "cycle of violence" does need to be broken. The only way to break it is for one side to decisively defeat the other. In the Palestinian/Israel conflict, one side is a democracy where people are free to dissent and can elect new leaders. The other side summarily executes suspected "collaborators" and teaches their children to strap-on bombs and detonate themselves in crowds of civilians. Take a guess at which side gets my sympathies.

In 1996, the Palestinians either elected Arafat to be their leader, or the "international community" let him steal the election under their noses. That makes the Palestinian people either responsible for the intifada or victims of the Palestinian Authority. In the first case, I cannot pity the Palestinians for the consequences of their choice. In the second case, perhaps the "international community" should worry more about liberating the Palestinians from their criminal leadership.

I do not believe that there is any legitimacy to Herzl Zionism. But then, I do not think that there needs to be since Israel has managed to soundly defeat its neighbors four times including its fight for independence (in spite of how the "New Historians" want to paint the birth of Israel). If some Israelis are Zionists who believe in the Greater Land of Israel, then I say "so be it." The settlements were built on land taken from Jordan and from under Egyptian administration. There never was a Palestinian state--not even in all the years between 1948 and 1967.

The world is different from the one I thought it was less than a year ago. Now my eyes are open to the fact that there are people on this planet who are willing to strap bombs to their children and send them out to kill civilians. This is a world where spoiled rich kids can be incited to hijack airliners and crash them into buildings. I do not know how many are standing in line behind them, fresh from their nihilist programming in madrassas and Palestinian Authority elementary schools and suicide-bomber workshops.

The root causes of terrorism are crystal clear to me: People sometimes choose to be evil. If it comes to a choice between the security of me and mine and the human rights of some "freedom fighter", then I do not think that any terrorist's human rights would be of concern to me at that moment--even if I knew my thoughts or deeds would leave me burning in hell beside him for all eternity.

In spite of all the high-falutin' crap we try to force-feed ourselves about how we should all live in peace and harmony because it is within our reach as human beings, there are people who are willing to take advantage of these pipe dreams--like the U.N. and the Geneva Conventions--and be wolves among us. Maybe these people can respond to something other than naked force. Maybe these people can be effectively rehabilitated. But it is not worth even a single innocent life to try to figure-out how to rehabilitate terrorists when eliminating them will do the trick.

If that makes those in line behind them hate us more, then let them hate us--so long as they fear us.

Mike
New As usual you have it backwards
It is the Arabs who want the Jews to leave. The Arab countries are almost completely Judenrein (and there were significant Jewish populations in countries like Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Morroco, etc. 100 years ago in the late 1940's early 1950's almost a million Jews were forced to leave Arab countries and became REFUGEES) and if the PA has it's way, Palestine will also be Judenrein. Why is it that the "settlers" need to leave the West Bank and Gaza, but the over 1 million Israeli Arabs can stay in Israel? If Israel was so anti-Arab how come the Israeli Arabs haven't been kicked out yet?
New Settlers and Israeli Arabs
As you well know, the Israeli settlements are in violation of the Geneva conventions. As far as I am concerned, and it's just my opinion, there is nothing wrong with the settlers becoming Palestinian Jews. It would be a good thing. My problem is with the continuing brutal occupation, chopped up Palestinian enclaves, IDF checkpoints, special roads for Israelis only, etc. The words oppression and apartheid come to mind. [link|http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1957000/1957644.stm|Desmond Tutu, Nobel peace laureate] says that as well.

As far as I know, Israeli Arabs are second class citizens getting second class services. In the past, you have called them traitors to Israel. To me, it shows the dismal failure of Israeli Jews to win the Arab fellow citizens' hearts and minds and makes a mockery of a claimed democracy. The us vs. them attitude is obvious in your every post. I once asked you if you had a single Israeli Arab friend, or initiated a greeting to an Arab. There was no affirmative response. You, my friend, are part of the problem with Israeli Arabs. I offer you these words:

"Watch your thoughts; they become your words. Watch your words; they become your actions. Watch your actions; they become your habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character for it will become your destiny. If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" -- Rabbi Hillel.

Why have they not been kicked out? Well, it's not because most of the Israeli Jews don't want to. Let's say it would be a cataclysmic event Israel would not likely survive. For now, it is a bragging point and often used to deny the right of return to other Arabs.
Alex

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x April 29, 2002, 07:42:51 PM EDT
New Wrong again
The settlements do not violate the Geneva Convention as the territory is at worst disputed (see all my previous posts)

When Israeli Arab Knesset members call upon Hizbullah to continue fighting against Israel, that is a traitorous action. Unfortunately, the Israeli Arabs today, do not consider themselves Israelis but Palestinians.

There were no roads for Israelis only, until the outbreak of violence in 2000. Until then, all the roads that were built were used by one and all. Likewise, there were very few checkpoints, over 100,000 Palestinians crossed the Green Line daily to work in Israel before Oct. 2000. The Palestinians are banned on some roads today for a very simple reason, they committed many drive by shootings on those roads. Likewise, the checkpoints are there because the Palestinians are carrying out suicide bombings.

Hypocrisy of the international community about human rights - (bluke) - (25)
         Once again bluke, "Do two wrongs make a right?" - (a6l6e6x) - (24)
             Irony of your sig - (morganek) - (5)
                 Re: Irony of your sig - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Cycle of Violence - (morganek)
                     As usual you have it backwards - (bluke) - (2)
                         Settlers and Israeli Arabs - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             Wrong again - (bluke)
             No, you missed the point - (bluke) - (17)
                 You missed the IDF order to put a bullet in every window? - (a6l6e6x) - (16)
                     So where are all those dead civilians? - (bluke) - (15)
                         Good question - (SpiceWare)
                         Bodies can be disposed of. - (a6l6e6x) - (13)
                             You are grasping at straws - (bluke) - (12)
                                 Keep right on as you are. - (pwhysall)
                                 Please give link to list of detainees at concentration camp. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
                                     What are you talking about???? -NT - (bluke) - (9)
                                         where is Israel concentrating the detainees? and who? - (boxley)
                                         Re: What are you talking about???? - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                                             Oh you mean like the US ... - (bluke) - (6)
                                                 Re: Oh you mean like the US ... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                     No, the US started ... - (bluke) - (1)
                                                         There are an estimanted 3 million Arabs in US. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                 Unfortunately, - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                                     Related: Judge rules detaining "material witnesses" unconst. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Perhaps there is some hope, then - (Ashton)

Yeah, baby!
154 ms