IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It is weird
Romney looks to get about 48% of the popular vote. I really can't understand why.

In past elections I could see why people might vote for either side, even when I thought one was clearly better. Romney, I can't see any sensible reasons. There are places where Obama is not a strong candidate, but on all of those issues Romney is worse. It seems to be some combination of blind party loyalty, hatred of democrats as a principle, belief in lower taxes as a matter of faith, and a healthy undercurrent of racism.

Jay
New Re: It is weird
All that, and the fact that Obama is brown and lots of white people are massive racists when they think no-one's looking.
New That last is your answer.
Years ago Michael Moore pointed out that the problem was that "America doesn't like having a Black President." Remember this? http://iwt.mikevital...81A3?postid=45462
New Simple:
the Single thing from the Campaign:
Women for Mitt
If *THAT* doesn't explain it for you, with his and Ryan's "War on Women" and Binders Full of them...

Yeah, they are/were 1 issue voters.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Where you stand depends on where you sit.
Or "confirmation bias" - http://en.wikipedia....Confirmation_bias

We're tribal animals. We generally hang out with people "like us". We read and hear things from people "like us".

We, as animals, don't like change. Change is scary. Complicated explanations are scary. We like simple stories.

Thinking is necessary to combat those biases and urges. We need leaders and an a public information system (newspapers, TV, etc.) that help move us animals along.

I was talking with a guy I work with a couple of days ago. Brilliant in his field, but has wacky ideas. He said he is independent, hates both parties, but finally decided based on one issue.

That issue?

The four Americans killed in Benghazi, Libya. That was the President's fault. He should lose because of that.

I challenged him on it for a while, but had to let it go...

There are a lot of people out there who latch on things like that because it clicks with them.

Grr....

27% of the electorate voted for Alan Keyes over Obama when he ran for Senate in IL. That "27%" number will probably not go away in our lifetime - they'll vote R no matter what. After that, there's only another 20-21% of slightly-less-crazy voters that you need to convince to get to 48%. With enough lies and slick packaging, it's not that hard.

But it will get harder every year from now on. Demographics is destiny.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New This will help you understand
http://pamshouseblen...you-need-to-vote/

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Thanks, America! - (pwhysall) - (7)
         It is weird - (jay) - (5)
             Re: It is weird - (pwhysall)
             That last is your answer. - (mmoffitt)
             Simple: - (folkert)
             Where you stand depends on where you sit. - (Another Scott)
             This will help you understand - (lincoln)
         Re: US will never go broke. - (mmoffitt)

Slices, dices, chops...
51 ms