IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nice flailing.
Really, Scott, you're dangerously close to becoming an apologist. I know we differ on some key matters - most notably the USA PATRIOT Act, but he's not "a benevolent dictator" and stays within the confines of the US Constitution? Really? In the face of the fact that he, and he alone, can literally decide who gets assassinated by a killer drone, notwithstanding the target's US Citizenship status?

Warren said (paraphrased) "We believe those responsible for the collapse should be held accountable." I concur with her. President Obama doesn't. Goldman Sachs investigation dropped ring any bells? Or don't you think the AG and, consequently, the DOJ answer to the President?

He's among the most disingenuous individuals I have ever heard speak - and I was around for Breshnev and Nixon. Ever heard the expression, "Actions speak louder than words"?

I know I'm in a state that's been written off (not unjustifiably, imo). But I also know that a vote against Romney here is valuable. And make no mistake, if I somehow manage to not hear the President speak again between now and November, I might feel compelled to cast my anti-Romney vote. If that happens, that's all it will be. I expect there to be very little in the way of real change arising out of this election no matter who wins.
New I think we're beyond convincing, but...
In the face of the fact that he, and he alone, can literally decide who gets assassinated by a killer drone, notwithstanding the target's US Citizenship status?

It's a bit more complicated than that...

https://ecf.dcd.usco...doc?2010cv1469-31 (83 page .PDF of the judge's ruling dismissing the case brought by his father).

Or don't you think the AG and, consequently, the DOJ answer to the President?

I believe their comments that they didn't think they had enough evidence for a criminal conviction on these issues in this case at this time. If they were in the banks' pockets, there wouldn't have been a DOJ investigation in the first place. They didn't have to do what Levin asked:

http://www.reuters.c...BRE8781LA20120810

"The department and investigative agencies ultimately concluded that the burden of proof to bring a criminal case could not be met based on the law and facts as they exist at this time," the Justice Department said in a statement late on Thursday.

Righteous indignation is righteous, but life is complicated...

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
     One word: Citizenship. - (Another Scott) - (8)
         It's all in the votes. - (hnick) - (3)
             He picks his battles. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Romney might be good for the country in one respect. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Yes, it would auger this low flying... - (folkert)
         I shouldn't have read that. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             You're confusing his ideals with practical governing. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Nice flailing. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     I think we're beyond convincing, but... - (Another Scott)

Most people are well aware that Steven Seagal is a master of martial arts and that his favorite place to find outfits is your grandmother’s tablecloth drawer.
62 ms