IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 'Near death, explained'
http://www.salon.com...source=newsletter

I read Moody's opus in the mid-70s.. will eschew details of subsequent enquiries, especially of the im-material.

The scientific NDE studies performed over the past decades indicate that heightened mental functions can be experienced independently of the body at a time when brain activity is greatly impaired or seemingly absent (such as during cardiac arrest). Some of these studies demonstrate that blind people can have veridical perceptions during OBEs associated with an NDE. Other investigations show that NDEs often result in deep psychological and spiritual changes.

These findings strongly challenge the mainstream neuroscientific view that mind and consciousness result solely from brain activity. As we have seen, such a view fails to account for how NDErs can experience—while their hearts are stopped—vivid and complex thoughts and acquire veridical information about objects or events remote from their bodies.

Excerpted with permission from
“The Brain Wars: The Scientific Battle Over the Existence of the Mind and the Proof That Will Change the Way We Live Our Lives.”
http://www.barnesand...ean=9780062071569
Courtesy of HarperOne.

Book due 4/24/12

Of course too, Eastern thought has long ID'd 'the mind' as, most-often ... "the monkey-mind".
With sufficient practice, a one can observe the 'mind' spewing out junk as if from a random BD's dev null.
Clearly more attention shall be paid in any next, as this Query relates to the core of all the superstitions, religio warz and..
the G.O. (Tea-)P., now so evidently:

the epitome of The Monkey Mind™

Bon appetit
New Been there done that
Twice actually. The 1st time I was actually near death (shit happens when you forget to breathe), the 2nd was "simulated".

Life passing before your eyes is ass kicking, especially when during the process you realise you must be dead to be able to see what you are seeing, and you are ok with it.

The title sucked, they explained nothing, but they kicked out of a couple interesting thoughts. Oh well.
New PZ's counterpoint.
http://www.salon.com...r_death_rehashed/

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New my counterpoint
hypoxia, surprised PZ didn't bring it up.
DAMMIT, I didnt know the plane kept records!
http://www.akashicst....com/akashic.html I hope they dont find out about......
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Sorry Box, but it's all there in the record . . .
. . and Karma's reading all about it right now.
New dammit! I was hoping for a promotion to bonobo
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New You don't want that anyway . . .
. . it ain't so peaceful as has been made out. In reality, gangs of females sometimes kill males just for fun.
New what gave you the idea I wanted male?
     'Near death, explained' - (Ashton) - (7)
         Been there done that - (crazy)
         PZ's counterpoint. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             my counterpoint - (boxley) - (4)
                 Sorry Box, but it's all there in the record . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     dammit! I was hoping for a promotion to bonobo -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                         You don't want that anyway . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             what gave you the idea I wanted male? -NT - (boxley)

Can bitching and moaning atone?
48 ms