Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Couple Questions.
Right now?

22.3 PIC, 46.1 Dual. 68.4 total.

Nope, course not.

Can't afford a 172. :)

Not a current one, anyway. $55-60. For that I can get a Cherokee 180, with more performance, maybe even the Grumman Tiger I *really* want.

Insurance - nothing right now, I'm under my CFI's. I've been quoted about $960 from AOPA for renters insurance.

Don't know what your CFI told you. Plot where your Top Of Climb will be, because if your direction is off, you might can see it by then. (And it really confuses the time to have the first waypoint somewhere else).

So have a line there. Make a note somewhere of FSS and such, approaches you might want to get flight following from.

My flight instructor jumped me with "where are we' and "when will we be" etc.. so get a watch (one on your hand doesn't work well. :) - I got a $10 cheapo, with big display, and put it with some velcro straps from a server rack around my clipboard (you need a clipboard), and then when I get to a waypoint, note when, and then know how far to the next one.

Addison
New Thanks.
I got renter's insurance for $330 ($500,000 liability and only $10,000 for the plane I'm flying - a 61 C150A won't be worth much more than that ;-)

I'll bump it later, of course.

Right now, it doesn't look as though we'll even be flying tomorrow (warm front is hanging around - 40% chance of thunderstorms along route tomorrow morning - when I'm supposed to fly).

I was gonna hit www.duats.com today, but at this point I'm less than hopeful.

Thanks for the tips, I suspect my CFI will be asking me about every 30 seconds where we are, how long until we get to X, etc. as well.

bcnu,
Mikem
New Re: Thanks.
my CFIs have insurance to cover me, so its not an issue right now.

Days like that might be good, might be bad. I've flown on days with 40% TS - because they were already past.

Nah, he'll wait for you/let you screw up first. :)

Addison
     Two weeks ago I soloed. - (mmoffitt) - (18)
         Heh... - (admin)
         Re: Two weeks ago I soloed. - (addison) - (8)
             Good Luck! - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 The *really* scary part is yet to come. :) - (addison) - (6)
                     XC First, Towers next. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         Heck, do 'em at the same time. :) - (addison) - (4)
                             Couple Questions. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Re: Couple Questions. - (addison) - (2)
                                     Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Re: Thanks. - (addison)
         Cool! - (SpiceWare)
         Yup; it's almost as exciting as - (Ashton)
         having become a pilot - (boxley)
         Re: Two weeks ago I soloed. CONGRATS !!! - last week was ... - (dmarker2) - (1)
             Thanks! - (mmoffitt)
         Doing better than this guy... - (addison) - (2)
             (More info) - (addison) - (1)
                 Holy Cow! - (mmoffitt)

The absence of evidence is the most damning evidence of all.
45 ms