IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh.
Well, if it's purely genetic, please explain how it hasn't been selected out? ;0)

Seriously, I don't care. I can't imagine why anyone would. My personal feeling (again, based on my own limited exposure and friendships) is that most of the gay people I know have some other mental problem - bipolar, depression, whatever. My gut is that homosexuality is associated with another disease state in the brain. If it is a mental disorder, that would explain why it hasn't been selected out.

YMMV.
New Of course gay people are depressed
Look at the world they are living in!

As far as selected out, recessive genes can go for a very long time. Or if it is a bit of damage during birth, such as lack of oxygen (note: My BIL falls under this category, but he is a very successful individual, but with LOTS of various health problems), WHO CARES??????

Do you feel that any other "damaged" individual should suffer because of the damage they survived? Suffering that is directly inflicted by individuals due to religious beliefs, rather than as a side effect of their "defect"?

As far as a "diseased state of mind", that gives you carte blanch to discount them, entirely. Next step is subhuman, since a diseased brain can't be reasoned with.

Should autistic kids be dragged from the back of pickup trucks?
New Evolution is complicated
It isn't all about your personal genes, the gene pool counts too.

There is probably an evolutionary advantage to a population having some non-reproducing members, particularly in a species where the strategy is to keep individuals alive rather than out-breed the environment. Probably not a lot of gay bunnies.

I interpret the correlation you observe differently. If you are constantly being told that a certain type of person is bad, and you believe it, and you come to realize that you are one of those, that can't be good for your mental health. Of the people I've been around, some of the most mean and dangerous were both openly gay and very homophobic. Really bad combination. Self-loathing is quite toxic. I suspect closeted gay and homophobic is even more so, but my experience does not include any people who came out of the closet after I got to know them, so I don't know.
---------------------------------------
Badass! (and delicious)
New here, let me fix it for ya
is that most of the gay people I know have some other mental problem - bipolar, depression, whatever
should read
is that most of the people I know have some other mental problem - bipolar, depression, whatever
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Good point
     Ah, execute the gays - (crazy) - (43)
         Something's been gnawing at me for a while now. - (mmoffitt) - (42)
             Yup, over promoting - (crazy) - (31)
                 No. I don't think we're too tolerant. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                     They do need them - (crazy) - (29)
                         You're not hearing me. - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                             So... what is your stance on... - (folkert) - (20)
                                 Having been married for 28+ years, ... - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                                     Good answer. -NT - (folkert)
                                     The Teabagger/Birther/Tenther - (lincoln) - (17)
                                         I've been watching the debates. - (static) - (15)
                                             Thanks - (crazy) - (1)
                                                 But I really wish they'd come out SOONER! - (crazy)
                                             Re: I've been watching the debates. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                 whatchoo got against tinned salmon - (boxley)
                                                 This is why I haven't posted on this topic before. - (static)
                                                 I understand that, to an extent. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     It becomes a non-issue when it's over - (crazy)
                                             Final tidbit was a bit worrisome though - (crazy) - (7)
                                                 The clue. - (static) - (6)
                                                     Understood (well, imagined) - (crazy) - (3)
                                                         Imagining not needed. - (static) - (2)
                                                             Love the sinner, not the sin ehh - (crazy)
                                                             Here in the US, several things are wrapped together. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Also, very specifically, a response - (crazy)
                                                     Anti- but Gay & Repressing - (mhuber)
                                         I've long advocated - (S1mon_Jester)
                             Oh, I agree on the "pride" issue - (crazy)
                             I understand your point and agree to a certain extent. - (hnick) - (1)
                                 Yay - (crazy)
                             Speaking of the parades - (crazy)
                             Re: You're not hearing me. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Now that is an accomplishment - (crazy)
                             ooerr white male privilege strikes back :-) -NT - (boxley)
             So the question begs... - (folkert) - (9)
                 Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                     Of course gay people are depressed - (crazy)
                     Evolution is complicated - (mhuber)
                     here, let me fix it for ya - (boxley) - (1)
                         Good point -NT - (crazy)
                 when the wrong balls were resting on my chin? - (boxley) - (3)
                     But is it gay if they're yours? -NT - (crazy) - (2)
                         Re: But is it gay if they're yours? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Literally -NT - (crazy)

That will get motion if the package maintainer is a sheep...
67 ms