(Helps when friends want to know similar, and I pay little attention to cameras, of late.)

Love the literate, concise and accurate descriptions--just as I would wish for, if 'deciding'.
Obviously he has a good editor and I'd guess.. might once have been an English Major? :-0
His multitasking is superb--apparently he does keep-in-cache all the minute differences, 'tested' by self and reported--at some relevant phrase-- as to significance: you can't 'distill' in a more granular way than that, IMO.

Keeper for REF.

(A while back I acquired a Canon S-2, after seeing Squeak (!) pix taken by neighbor's--the rock-steady results of an authentic 15x optical zoom, with functioning stab. ctrl.)
Except I got mine near pristine for a pittance, off eBay: given the artificial obsolescence engendered by NewModel-itis everywhere.)
I even got a copy of a rather complete after-market manual about this specific model, courtesy of L.

Mine seems not (yet?) to suffer from a particular blight / for which also there is an iFixit-style how-to, for those who are Not fumble-fingered
and who comprehend the torque requirements of jeweler-size screws, and such. One would wish for 'smaller' except when actually Using this right-sized for human hands object.
(I fail to grok-at-all how people 'use' the credit-sized gadgets while actually composing any difficult shot.)

Ah well, back to sleep re. the brilliant future of transistors+cameras: as shall never make any cluless One, Ansel Adams II.