IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Aren't stocks and bonds contrary indicators anyway?
I thought what's good for stocks tends to be bad for bonds and vice-versa. This news was allegedly bad for the bond market, so they shouldn't have been reporting on moves in stocks in any case, but if they did report stocks in connection with this announcement, they should say the move indicates strength in the bond market.

Second, S&P didn't reveal any original research or information, just their conclusion based on the same info everyone else already had. The only reason to care what they say is if they have a good track record. Let's see ... housing bubble, Enron, Bear Stearns, Lehman ... yeah, not so great.
--

Drew
New All good points.
I think the movement in US stock prices on Monday was mainly another indication that day-to-day prices have almost nothing to do with fundamentals of the stock or the company in question. It's all about trying to be ahead of everyone else in a trade, not investing for the long(ish) term.

I also thought it was very strange that the news stories were pointing to the stock market when it should have been the bond market reacting if there was anything new and important in the S&P report. There wasn't, of course.

Cheers,
Scott.
New you just figured that out? sheesh
It's all about trying to be ahead of everyone else in a trade, not investing for the long(ish) term.
its no different than a craps table in vegas except in vegas the odds are better
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New I'm not the one writing for TV and the WSJ. ;-)
     wonder how krugman is going to spin this - (boxley) - (22)
         Heh. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             being wrong does F-all for interest rates - (boxley) - (5)
                 It's the attack of the invisible bond vigilantes - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Aren't stocks and bonds contrary indicators anyway? - (drook) - (3)
                         All good points. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             you just figured that out? sheesh - (boxley) - (1)
                                 I'm not the one writing for TV and the WSJ. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Why wonder? - (drook) - (5)
             Re: Why wonder? - (boxley) - (4)
                 More words please - (drook) - (3)
                     read the chart - (boxley) - (2)
                         Connect the dots. - (Another Scott)
                         Good thing we have our own currency, huh? -NT - (drook)
         Re: wonder how krugman is going to spin this - (lincoln) - (8)
             we all know what you want for america, chicago everywhere -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                 great food, all 4 seasons, Wrigley Field bleachers - (lincoln) - (6)
                     :-) -NT - (boxley)
                     Re: great food, all 4 seasons, Wrigley Field bleachers - (SpiceWare)
                     We've got all four seasons here in Cleveland - (drook) - (2)
                         AND... - (folkert) - (1)
                             Yay for me -NT - (drook)
                     let's also include - (lincoln)

That tastes like Crab Juice!
188 ms