IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One freakin' break...
I don't recall Beep as having joined the "why do you hate America" chorus of the Right.

On the other hand, pretty much everybody else on his team howled treason anytime anybody didn't sing the party song right on key. Some of us remember debates over people not wearing a flag pin. As a group, the Right has little respect for freedom of speech when a liberal is talking. As an individual, my impression of Beep is that he is an honorable guy who respects the right of the other guy to make a fool of himself. I haven't reviewed his posts and I'm not going to play "gothca" if he slipped up a time or two. His political affiliation makes him kind of like a legitimate massage therapist working in a whorehouse who gets upset when he gets asked for a happy ending. No disrespect for whores intended in that comparison.

I'd have a lot more respect for the free speech side of this particular debate if the argument didn't amount to "we were just talking smack". Words mean things. "2nd amendment solution" means shooting people if you don't get your way politically. "Blood of tyrants" plus "this person is a tyrant" means "blood of this person." Beep hasn't been calling for bloody revolution, but the rest of his crew has. And now some blood is being spilled and they are all upset that some people suggest that there is a connection between words and deeds. If you don't want people to shoot at the people you don't like, don't tell them to do it. If that IS what you want, grow a pair.

Freedom of speech is the center of our political structure because words have consequences, not because "sticks and stones".
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New my team?
you may need to clarify...as some would count as "on my team" the likes of Limbaugh, Beck, et al....hence you come up with "the rest of my crew" spewing violence.

I can count on one hand combined the number of times I've listened to Rush, or Beck...

Because some of our views are similar, doesn't put them on my team.

Otherwise, thanks for the break :-)
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Are you an actual Republican, and registered as such?
Then they're on your team. It's the way your political system works.
New guess you dont know beep that well
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New I've met him once
ISTR he was, but that doesn't necessarily mean he still is. Hence why I'm asking... and the central point about being on their team if you're a 'card carrying' republican is well taken, imho.
New Might be confusing him with someone else?
Federal campaign contributions over $200 are public here.

http://fundrace.huff...com/neighbors.php

Beep's not there, but a couple of relatives might be.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who knows Beep's not an (R) - he just plays one here quite often.)
New Campaign contributions is not the same as member of the
party, at least certainly not here. Either way, if he is, then he is, if he's not, then he's not. However, anyone who is... is on the same team as those folks mentioned above.
New True x3.
New Not just that
It doesn't matter what party you belong to, it's how you vote. Tea Partiers may say they aren't Republicans, but when they vote Republican near 100%, then they're saying they may sometimes agree with the Republican party, but only on the things important enough to vote on.
--

Drew
New Think I was about 70/30 R this year
including the locals this year.

Mind you, where I live now there were a couple of county offices and local offices where Republicans were un-opposed.

I did vote for maintenance of a higher millage for the school board budget (2 year extension)..which is certainly not a tea party position...just an informed position.

For what its worth.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New guess Im not a tea partier then
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New debateable
but it probably depends on what day it is ...

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New the last repo I voted for was ronnie raygun
dont match the profile
New I voted for one last November
Odd case in the Milwaukee Country Sheriff race, DINO vs RINO, both disavowed by their declared parties.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New No. I'm not.
I'm registered in FL as NPA.
New National Pigeon Association?
New Re: National Pigeon Association?
No party affiliation. But methinks you may have guessed that already
     Interesting blog post - (jake123) - (29)
         yet despite all of the rhetoric, hate speech etc - (boxley)
         Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Hmmm. - (beepster) - (26)
             He wasn't in the high rent district - (jake123) - (25)
                 We're not talking about "those other guys" - (beepster) - (24)
                     Where were you ... - (drook) - (21)
                         Cmon in out of left field there, drook - (beepster) - (20)
                             [Sigh] - (drook) - (19)
                                 Give me a freakin break - (beepster) - (17)
                                     One freakin' break... - (mhuber) - (16)
                                         my team? - (beepster) - (15)
                                             Are you an actual Republican, and registered as such? - (jake123) - (14)
                                                 guess you dont know beep that well -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                                                     I've met him once - (jake123) - (9)
                                                         Might be confusing him with someone else? - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                             Campaign contributions is not the same as member of the - (jake123) - (7)
                                                                 True x3. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                 Not just that - (drook) - (5)
                                                                     Think I was about 70/30 R this year - (beepster)
                                                                     guess Im not a tea partier then -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                         debateable - (lincoln) - (2)
                                                                             the last repo I voted for was ronnie raygun - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                 I voted for one last November - (mhuber)
                                                 No. I'm not. - (beepster) - (2)
                                                     National Pigeon Association? -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                         Re: National Pigeon Association? - (beepster)
                                 Errr - (crazy)
                     I see. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         what line, - (beepster)

Narf!
72 ms