IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Evidence is stronger when it comes from original sources.
1) Inhofe's committee cites "TheRegister". ROFL. TheReg covers climate news because they enjoy the page views, not because they're a credible outfit in that area. TheReg cites the Guardian. The second link is the Guardian - a story about his interview with them.

Here's what Hansen said in the interview - http://www.guardian....e.carbonemissions

Special interests have blocked transition to our renewable energy future. Instead of moving heavily into renewable energies, fossil companies choose to spread doubt about global warming, as tobacco companies discredited the smoking-cancer link. Methods are sophisticated, including funding to help shape school textbook discussions of global warming.

CEOs of fossil energy companies know what they are doing and are aware of long-term consequences of continued business as usual. In my opinion, these CEOs should be tried for high crimes against humanity and nature.

Conviction of ExxonMobil and Peabody Coal CEOs will be no consolation if we pass on a runaway climate to our children. Humanity would be impoverished by ravages of continually shifting shorelines and intensification of regional climate extremes. Loss of countless species would leave a more desolate planet.

If politicians remain at loggerheads, citizens must lead. We must demand a moratorium on new coal-fired power plants. We must block fossil fuel interests who aim to squeeze every last drop of oil from public lands, off-shore, and wilderness areas. Those last drops are no solution. They yield continued exorbitant profits for a short-sighted self-serving industry, but no alleviation of our addiction or long-term energy source.

Hint - it's hyperbole ("extravagant exaggeration"). There is no such thing as laws on "high crimes against humanity and nature". He's not calling for "trials against those who dissent against man-made global warming fears." as your excerpt put it. That's a lie.

See what happens when words are taken out of context?

Was Hansen running for Congress? Is Hansen an elected official? Is Hansen's job work as a political operative? Does Hansen have a media show or column? Has he threatened anyone?

2) Did those "eco terrorists of the left" make threats against elected officials or anyone else?

3) I wasn't aware that saying someone should be in jail (hint: often more hyperbole) is the same as saying that violence should be used against them.

4) Um, an argument between bloggers (at least one of whom appears to be rather kooky). I'm not wading through all that.

5) Again, saying one thinks someone should be in jail is not the same as advocating violence against them.

6) One side of a heated email argument. And he apologized. http://www.openmarke...lewis-or-does-he/

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New not acceptable
hansen is the agw worshippers High Priest. The cite was valid and in context as he wants people jailed who dare disagree with him. Dont fly the false flag of convenience
"has he threatened anyone?" didnt you read his quote?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New fail
you're purposely ignoring the reality of the points in the post - none of the quotes you cite show someone advocating actual physical violence against someone with an opposing viewpoint. Wanting to jail someone is not equal to saying someone ought to be shot in any way, shape or form.

And the list of 18 whackos were of people were committed ACTUAL acts of violence or were caught BEFORE they could commit violent acts that they were planning.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New your fail, aryan nazi != FOP
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Reaction to TOTBAL
There Ought To Be a Law

Every time someone says that, I answer: How would you enforce the law? Are you willing to put people in jail to enforce the law? Are you willing to kill those that refuse to be put in jail? Are you willing to be the person who pulls them out of bed in the middle of the night and shoots them?

My daughter hates when I do that, especially because when she becomes queen, she has a long laundry list of laws she wants to implement. They all seem like puppies and hugs, until you realize they take away 90% of your freedom. At least to me.

I hate that phrase, especially when bandied about by whiners.

Something tells me that every time Box or Beep hear anything that feels like someone is saying TOTBAL, their internal process runs a loop kind of like mine, and they take it out a few more steps, assuming that person answers yes to all my questions.

And then reacts accordingly.

leftist calls for violence and intimidation - (boxley) - (18)
         Re: leftist calls for violence and intimidation - (jake123) - (4)
             in the post are bombings and arson I guess that doesnt count - (boxley) - (2)
                 Since when have I said violence from the left - (jake123) - (1)
                     hardly FIFY means fixed it for ya -NT - (boxley)
             I agree on Massey / Don Blankenship - (crazy)
         Evidence is stronger when it comes from original sources. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             not acceptable - (boxley) - (2)
                 fail - (lincoln) - (1)
                     your fail, aryan nazi != FOP -NT - (boxley)
             Reaction to TOTBAL - (crazy)
         Guess they forgot about this guy - (beepster)
         Re: leftist calls for violence and intimidation - (lincoln) - (3)
             Ah... - (beepster) - (2)
                 O'Reilly's on tv every day - (lincoln) - (1)
                     You'd be surprised - (beepster)
         How soon you forget, Box - (lincoln) - (2)
             roflmao! thanx for the humor - (boxley) - (1)
                 Hrm... - (beepster)

Crap shoot and intuition then.
46 ms