IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New More than wired
Apparently we evolved a gut that takes less resources (allowing more for brains) but doesn't actually run on raw food. Homo sap on raw food diets survive but are not able to reproduce.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New You mean all those "raw foods" nutters . . .
. . are going to go extinct all on their own?

I find it highly amusing that "raw foods" enthusiasts import their cashews from Indonesia where there is one company that claims they do not use heat to detoxify them. The pulp around a cashew kernel is extremely toxic, causing serious blistering, etc., so most processors use moderate heat to see to it their "raw" cashews are non-toxic. This, of course, means they do not pass the litmus test for "truly raw".

Of course Indonesians are Asians, and many are even of Chinese descent, so what are the chances this vendor is actually doing what he claims to be doing?

For every predator there is a rightful prey.

New Yeah, but more or less on purpose
The few I've met consider reproduction a crime against nature.

So having the monthly cycle shut down isn't exactly a disaster...
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New The documentary covers this.
They had a group of volunteers eat raw fruit and vegetables like the apes do for two weeks. All of them lost weight because none of them could get enough nutrition from the ancient diet. Many of them could not get through the required quantities, either!

It turns out our teeth are shaped wrong and our gut is too small for a diet of raw fruit and vegetables. Our teeth are shaped for mincing and pulping cooked food.

They also had an artifical stomach for experimenting with how ours processed different foods. Raw food was much harder to process than cooked food. I've already mentioned the brief experiment in what happens to food as it is cooked: it destroys the structures we can't digest so we can get to the nutrients locked inside.

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
     "Did cooking make us human?" - (static) - (23)
         you sure? - (boxley) - (12)
             That is a trained Bonobo. - (folkert)
             Show me them doing that in the wild. - (static) - (10)
                 you and greg are starting your new years resolutions early? - (boxley) - (1)
                     You're attributing sly humour to me? - (static)
                 Take an average population of humans ... - (drook) - (7)
                     You cannot speak of a human being - (jake123) - (6)
                         More than wired - (mhuber) - (3)
                             You mean all those "raw foods" nutters . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Yeah, but more or less on purpose - (mhuber)
                             The documentary covers this. - (static)
                         Cooking food made possible a larger or . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Makes grain almost food-like -NT - (mhuber)
         Looks like Neanderthals cooked too - (SpiceWare) - (9)
             These two photos . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 teddy is not the one to meet in a dark alley -NT - (boxley)
             Clarification. - (static) - (6)
                 Neanderthals were clearly humans. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     Vaguely interesting discussion... - (static) - (4)
                         got a full house for the holidays - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                             Yup, same as I got 2 days ago - she be gone. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 This it? Only 3:33 clip still available. - (Another Scott)
                             Maybe they limit it to Oz. Sorry, guys... :-( - (static)

Oops. Wrong hat.
189 ms